Gaming reboots - your thoughts?

intoTheRain said:
i want to see an independence day reboot. keep the old actors i don't care. it's my favorite alien movie ever still, aside from aliens/prometheus.

Thank God you got that part in there... ;)

I really enjoy reboots. I don't get when people say shit like "another reboot? seriously?". I fall into that camp sometimes, like if they were going to do it with Batman so soon after TDR. But it allows a different vision to be brought to the screen and a fresh interpretation. Especially with comics where so many different artists style's can change the tone of the series! Some reboots/remakes are piss poor ideas of course...I'm looking at you Red Dawn! I find it interesting when they can reboot a film with the same cast and change it drastically from it's predecessors. The Wolverine, while it hasn't come out yet, looks leaps and bounds better than Wolverine Origins and yet it has Hugh Jackman in the main role, follows The Last Stand and ignores Origins it seems.

As for games, it's harder for me to be so enthusiastic. I remain skeptical but usually end up enjoying it. You spend so much time with the character, whether it be John Shepherd in Mass Effect or Lara Croft through numerous titles, it's hard to see a new lead. Of course with Tomb Raider it was still Lara Croft, just a new character model. (A much needed change I might add.) The real test for me will be a new ME title without Shepherd's saga. Of course, much of the narrative is dependent on how you play, so really, will the character matter? So long as the story and universe is as good.

I find it a hilarious coincidence that I was dreaming of a Megaman reboot... and apparently they were doing one, which got cancelled back in 2010... as GR has already reported.

A first person shooter with some third person elements, from the makers of the Metroid: Prime trilogy and with Megaman's design from the minds that bought us the Iron Man armour of the new Iron Man movies.

Biggest kick in the balls ever. A very sad day in gaming for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod