Death to the fanboys

subcalvin

Rookie
Death to the Fanboys

No I don’t mean the comic (fanboys-online.com it rules)
I mean YOU, nagging, whining, protective, creepy, no life having, pimpled, scrawny looking, nothing better to do then whine (kinda like I am doing now) illogical, blind fanboys.

I love certain franchises like, but that doesn’t mean that they are immune to scrutiny, o nthe contrary, they NEED it. One can not simply declare a Zelda game like Twilight Princess (I am going to use this as an example ) the greatest ever based simply on the fact that it is a Zelda game. Yes it is great , but it does not deserve the highest mark possible from every reviewer on God’s green earth (or is it blue?)

Fanboys will buy a game simply because of the name of the game, without reading a review. Then why do they have this urge to defend it to the death? They know it’s a good game and there are a lot of people who feel the same, but they still have the urge to whine about it “only getting a 9/10, that right there is a is a pretty good grade my child. I remember when TP came out here in Norway, Fanboys went ballistic, declaring that all the reviewers where in fact themselves Sony/Microsoft fanboys. To me that is like “the pot calling the kettle n****r (thank you Dave Chappell)
These people need to realize the truth, I know it is hard, but I will personally take you trough this.

1: People who love something (videogames in this case, but I t could might as well be a football team) will not handle any criticism towards that which they love well. On a subconscious level they believe that criticism of a game they love is in fact criticism of them as a person. (its true, a friend of mine studies psychology, that makes me Freud reincarnated)

2: When a game kicks ass it is easy to overlook its flaws, simply because you do not want to acknowledge that they are there (this makes for a better gaming experience)

3: Said flaws are what prevents a game from receiving an A, if a game kicks ass but has no voice acting and graphics that are not up to par with the console’s ability it can not receive the highest mark.

4: You guys need to grow up and stop whining (on the other hand you people to unwillingly create funny manifestos. I loved the one that compared hate mail for TP and eternal force)

Hmmm...

your rant of anti-fanboyism drips with your own biasedness however, so frankly I don't know if your checklist is credible.

Graphics per system are important, but can be sacrificed if need be for stronger play control (which, for the record, TP does have, even though the story is recycled a bit.)

Sound and voice acting are addatives, and sometimes should not be in a game. I mean, you have heard games with voice acting that was bad right? Even RE 4 had some laughable voice acting, while games like Dead Rising have strong voice acting. So sometimes it's not really needed.

A friend of mine also studies Psychology, but I know I have no capacity like him to understand the fundamental principles of the ego and id that Frued once discussed. Besides he was about the Rex complex and sex anyway, if you want self esteem issues, look up Carl Jung or Jean Piaget, they have some interesting stuff on that.

You also spelled Dave Chappelle's name wrong, thats just unacceptable.

So frankly I don't see the audience you are going for here, because no one really excercises their fanboyism to an extreme degree, and when they do discuss their favorite games and the like, they try to do so logically and by looking at all the angles of it, and people would casually disagree basically. So to me, your bringing the whole fanboyism to a place where it's not needed.

Oh, and just in case my name on this site is misleading to you, read this.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/mreview/wii/zelda_twilight_princess/LinksOcarina

You do have several valid points, I honestly did not expect such a well composed answer. But there is one major point that seems to elude you. I am being overly sarcastic in my disposition (if you can call it a disposition…the answer is no)

My point about the graphics in TP is the simply that they are on level with the Game cube, I hope for Nintendo’s sake that the Wii packs a bit more punch.
When it comes to me proclaiming myself as the reincarnation of Freud…..well I thought that whole bit was obvious, a bad attempt at being funny (I only used Freud because if there is one psychotherapist that people have heard about it has to be him) But wasn’t Freud all about the Oedipus complex? (I know this is a huge generalisation and quite ignorant, please don’t correct me)
A lot of people do exercise their fanboyism, hate mail, dressing up like their favourite character running around in the woods (its kind of creepy but not really a reason for me to complain)
I am not from a English speaking country so you cant expect me to nail the spelling, though I do owe Dave an apology. He is the king and owe him my respect by spelling his name right,
Hail to the king, David Khari Webber Chappelle.

Funny side note, i just noticed your name and avatar :D Zelda games rule by the way. Ocarina was the best.

Pretty damd good review for TP, the one for Ocarina is fearly good to. Though you can not give that the gamerevolution A+ Only the staff of this magnificent gaming sight have the right to do that (man i sound like a litle girl crushing on Justin Timberlake)

I agree with Subcalvin on the whole "fanboyism". Especially, when it comes to Final Fantasy VII. I'm so sick of those anime freaks who think that it's the best game ever. the onlyl reason wlhy people like FFVII is simply because it was the first RPG they played.

Lord_Fornelius said:
I agree with Subcalvin on the whole "fanboyism". Especially, when it comes to Final Fantasy VII. I'm so sick of those anime freaks who think that it's the best game ever. the onlyl reason wlhy people like FFVII is simply because it was the first RPG they played.
Actually first RPG I played was Legend of the Dragoon.First FF I played was ten(Wich is my favorite FF)And you call people who watch anime freaks eh well I watch it and I don't got a third eye and I got a pretty good life with a GF something I probally can't say for you.So STFU and GTFO.Also I laughed at that comic.

>applauds Links<

well said. i also like anime and am also fully equipped with uni course and gf.

FF7 is my favourite because it's got the most gripping story....hence it having a film and 2 games made from it.

Lord_Fornelius said:
http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/september03/25overrated/index20.shtml

this may shock you, Kingg5 and MattaY
This may shock you.

STFU and GTFO no one cares about your opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle