Any ideas on a 'Must Have' Multi player game?

Wilkins

Rookie
Please give me your recommendations, i need some new multi player games!!!
Free downloads are preferred if not any old multi !!

And if you don't have a Wii, take it old school with Melee.
Unreal Tournament, 2004 or the new one.
Puzzle Pirates, which I can send you a link to.

If you have BF2 but got sick of it after the awful patches, try the Project Reality mod for it. It's a lot to get used to, you'd definitely want to read all the info on the forums before trying to join a game, but there's a good community there and it's a very fun mod once you get the hang of it.

Team Fortress 2 is fantastic. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Many sites (I'm thinkin' 1up.com and Fileplanet.com, here, but there are many others) have articles and sections dedicated to free web-based games and those oh so popular free to play MMORPGs. I'd check the free flash games articles first, though. Downloading a "full" game can take a half an hour or more, and then there's the high likelihood of it sucking.

I don't know your console situation & my PC gaming stopped round the time of Hexen 2 & the original UT but I had enough time (I'm sad enough) to compose a list:

PSX - Dead Ball Zone (faster & angrier than Speedball, kick people in the nads until they PUKE!)

Saturn - Virtua Fighter 2 (no contest....but why would you have this console???)

PS2 - Dragonball Budokai Tenkachi (If you like your fighter games with a bit of meat)
OR
Soulcalibur 2 (If you like it fancy & flowing...just avoid Heihachi)

DreamCast - Soulcalibur (A crime you have to buy a console for this & Shenmue in an age of "Digital Downloads")

N64 - Personally the best multiplayer console EVER. You got Mario Partys, Lylat Wars/Starfox, Goldeneye, original Smash Bros, Jet Force Gemini, mario kart 64 & Diddy Kong Racing. All that!...and my top pick would still be WWF No Mercy...sacrilege I know.

GameCube - Smash Bros Melee (i know there are a lot more multis but i didn't have a huge GC collection)

Xbox - Dead or Alive 3 (didn't think I'd like it but I did)

PSP - Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (stupidly addictive if you know others with PSPs)

Xbox360 - Call of Duty 4 (steeper learning curve than Halo but better atmosphere & tighter maps)

XBLA - Worms or TMNT: Arcade with friends & Uno or Poker with strangers.

PS3 - If all your friends are virtual then Motorstorm (or wait for No. 2) otherwise I'd probably pick CoD4 again.

Wii - Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (I <3 light gun games)

PC: Original Unreal Tournament. That was one of the happiest Summers of my life.

Most reccommended Rom for PC: If you have friends who don't mind cramping over the same keyboard I hold highly the fun of Mutant League Hockey.

If you have mad money & know where to spend it - Original Simpsons Arcade Machine...or maybe a Bram Stoker Dracula pinball machine but i love me pinball & that board was a mean mother...

Social games we don't need to mention cause you either love it or you hate it & they've been talked about to death - Guitar Hero.

On a personal note, this is the only time I will talk about/acknowledge Rock Band's existence. I'm sure it's a fine product & it looks to have strong DLC support. It's just that there is no love for Europe. There is no love for me. So therefore I have no love for Rock Band cause otherwise it'll break my heart as it flaunts it's wares to Canada but leaves me in the cold.One day it'll come & warm my 360's drive but I cannot look on that day no longer...it hurts too much...

So yeah, go buy an N64.

Mario Kart DS, Meteos, Tetris DS, Jump Superstars (In Japan) and on that XBLA thing, Catan.

I am a giant Halo fan, but I have to say that Call of Duty 4 is the best Multi-player First Person Shooter I have ever played. It has its downsides like everything else,but unless you're a big gun nut like me you probably won't notice. So, if you enjoy fast paced online or offline realistic type FPS than Call of Duty 4 is deffinatly they one you should check out.

Hm... I'm sure you've got an old-time Monopoly gathering dust in the basement... Not a video game, but heck, good times...

Any Call of Duty game is great online. Watch out for broken knifing in CoD 4. :(

i have played COD before but i dont like games that are full of violence

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle