Amy Winehouse was found dead yesterday - 7/23/11

I knew she was a singer, and I pretty much knew what she looked like, but I couldn't recall anything she sang until someone said "Rehab" earlier in this topic. I vaguely recall that song. So, yeah, she was more famous for her self destructive nature than her talent?

I know I'm late but I just wanted to say
0035.png

Amy Winehouse confirmed for making a deal with the Devil, as all 27 Club members have.

intoTheRain said:
There is a difference between "better" and "talent". I said she was more talented than Morrison. Never said she was better. You never even defined "better". For all I know you could mean Morrison is better at making scrambled eggs.

I much prefer Morrison as an entertainer, and his music, I assume. But I do appreciate talent and Amy Winehouse had it.
Sorry, didn't meant to misquote you. I meant better as in talent-wise anyway so it's all good. Considering you were talking about talent I figured you'd know what I meant.

But why turn this into who was more talented? It is what it is. You want to believe someone who didn't write her own lyrics was more talented than a legendary front man who wanted to be taken seriously as a poet.. well... that's your God given right, lol.

haha, I know I know I'm a dick. But I only confess that because I love ya brosef :p

WickedLiquid said:
But why turn this into who was more talented? It is what it is. You want to believe someone who didn't write her own lyrics was more talented than a legendary front man who wanted to be taken seriously as a poet.. well... that's your God given right, lol.

Actually, she did write her own lyrics. For christ's sake, she's not fucking Britney Spears, guys. She wrote basically all of her own music. She actually suffered through a good year of writer's block in between her two albums.

WickedLiquid said:
intoTheRain said:
There is a difference between "better" and "talent". I said she was more talented than Morrison. Never said she was better. You never even defined "better". For all I know you could mean Morrison is better at making scrambled eggs.

I much prefer Morrison as an entertainer, and his music, I assume. But I do appreciate talent and Amy Winehouse had it.
Sorry, didn't meant to misquote you. I meant better as in talent-wise anyway so it's all good. Considering you were talking about talent I figured you'd know what I meant.

haha, I know I know I'm a dick. But I only confess that because I love ya brosef :p

what nickmet said.. she isnt britney spears lol.. she wrote her own music

and robby krieger wrote the majority of the doors music.

1233761500_amy%20winehouse%20drinking%20again.gif

they tried to make me go to rehab but i said no no no

fuck you gif bin, i was gonna look real witty but now i look like a moron

Yeah Wicked, Amy wrote her own songs. Look it up before you state what she did and didn't do. Only someone as retarded as her would write a song about not going to rehab then wind up there anyway.

intoTheRain said:
and robby krieger wrote the majority of the doors music.
But we're talking about Jim Morrison, who was not a musician, he was a lyricist. Originally he wanted to be a poet and wanted to be taken seriously as one like Wicked pointed out. He wasn't in a band for the rock and roll lifestyle, but to be recognized for his lyrics.

Unlike Crackhouse.or 50 Cent or all the other drama-queens we've had over the last decade, Morrison wasn't interested in whoring himself out to the media like a bloody narcissist on a reality show. You can say the same thing about Cobain, but Cobain was still a junkie. Morrison's poison was alcohol, he was a big alcoholic but he did die from a heroin overdose. Conspiracy theorists still believe there was foul play because he wasn't a junkie. But his girl friend was and he decided to dable with heroin while taking a break in Paris, away from the media hound dogs. And unfortunately that's what did him in.

Anyway, it's sad she died and the right thing to do is be respectful. But let's be realistic here, Morrison had a lot more to say in his songs than Winehouse ever did. My God, if Paris Hilton died tomorrow and I saw people say she was the voice of a generation I'd be flabbergasted.

omg who said she is the voice of a generation?

and i actually kind of respect paris hilton now, only for the fact she is actually a very successful business woman. she's not like kim kardashian who just sues everyone to make her money, she makes it legitly.

anyway, you're taking my comments about winehouse a little too far i think. in their respective careers all i said was winehouse is more talented.i barely even know about the girl, nor do i really care at all about her. if i sat down and had a choice of listening to winehouse or the doors, i would surely choose the doors.

i just think it's silly to just up and say jim morrison, and ESPECIALLY a rather talentless kurt cobain is more talented than winehouse.

and i defend her basically because THE MAJORITY of artists these days have absolutely no talent and sound absolutely terrible. they become famous because of their look and act, not their musical talent. she however could sing and write her own music, so i think she deserves defense, especially considering shes dead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod