Amy Winehouse was found dead yesterday - 7/23/11

GRColin

Rookie
At 27 years old, Amy Winehouse joins the rank of musicians to die at that seemingly cursed age. She was found dead in her Camden, London home.

Cause of the death is still unknown as far as I know. Speculation of course that it was drug related. Winehouse saw success with such songs as "Rehab", "You Know I'm No Good" and "Just Friends". My personal fave of her's though is "Some Unholy War". Her soul infused style made her an awesome choice to listen to. Surprisingly she only released 2 studio albums.

Kind of hard to make an album out of nothing but hazy mumbles, drooling, and thumps when she hit her head on the mic after passing out.

Sorry but she had EVERY chance to get clean and live a decent life.

Don't compare Winehouse to Cobain, Hendrix, Morrison and Joplin.....

But she IS dead so it would be in bad taste to talk bad about her, RIP

I know people who have family members who dealt with addictions. This is still tragic and terrible in every sense of the word, but she chose it, so it was her own fault in the end.

WickedLiquid said:

she was more talented than Cobain and Morrison, dunno why she can't be compared.

same thing basically. she didn't have as big an impact but woopdeedoo. i can almost guarantee id rather listen to amy winehouse every other song on every radio station than nirvana, and i dont even know any amy winehouse.

Yeah and I didn't really compare her. I simply said she died at 27 like so many other musicians.

Also, agree with IntoTheRain.

intoTheRain said:
WickedLiquid said:

she was more talented than Cobain and Morrison, dunno why she can't be compared.

In your opinion she was better, in my opinion your opinion sucks. I can see people finding any excuse to hate on Cobain but saying she was better than Jim Morrison? You guys are on crack.

There is a difference between "better" and "talent". I said she was more talented than Morrison. Never said she was better. You never even defined "better". For all I know you could mean Morrison is better at making scrambled eggs.

I much prefer Morrison as an entertainer, and his music, I assume. But I do appreciate talent and Amy Winehouse had it.

I believe it was planned. She was on the way out- Lady Gaga upstaged her.

Anyways, never cared for it, good voice, but what a screw up. Look at Susan Boyle, nothing wrong with her despite (or except) her monkish life, great voice!

When I first heard this news, I was like "Awww man... I have no idea who that is."

And I still don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle