Account Issues Here

Rekkie7

Rookie
Well since a number of us have had name changes in the shift, and I doubt its the GMs primary concern right now I thought we should all just stick it in this one topic so they can deal with it all at once when ready.

If your unable to login, you could always just PM me back at old GR and i'll post your issue. Otherwise take it up back there and see if anyones responding.

Okay, so here's my problemo.

My account on GR was d4m, which had been renamed to FlyingKiwi. When shifting over here it was back to d4m. Since the name has to be changed (as i will not be posting under d4m) anyway I've decided to move on from FK completlly and use Rekkie (same as my name on other sites, msn and xbox LIVE).

If my postcount/old status etc is going to be transfered to d4m I ask that you rename him Rekkie. Or if its easier transfer the postcount old member status to this account (Rekkie7). I'm not too fussed on which.

I look forward to setting up my profile, but will be easier when I know which one i'll be going with.

I'm The Nes Man. When i came here, like kiwi, it changed to my login. If it is easier to make another account called TheNesMan and get the posts transfered there, i will do so, but i think it would probably easier to change my name to TheNesMan(i think...not sure).

Don_Gero said:
Doesn't anybody agree that a fresh start wouldn't be a bad thing?

It COULD be a nice thing :p but keeping my 10,000+ postcount would be nicer :p at least that would show the time i've put into this place since dec 2001.With the old member numbers gone, and the old join date, all that seems like it will remain is the oldschool medel which is the same as someone who signed up to GR a week ago.

A fresh start would be nice for those that have spammed in the past and may want to clense their sins, or whatever the case but im proud of the time i've had with GR and would like to be able to add to it rather then just shelve it and start over.

Agreed. Give us back our post counts, dates of regestrations, and some sort of ranking system.

Now.

:D

never fear, bug fixes will happen as rapidly as possible. i don't know if we can transfer member #'s i'll look into that. it never occurred to me. post counts are definately coming over. we'll try and accomoodate all the legit name / post count issues for sure.

dUKE said:
never fear, bug fixes will happen as rapidly as possible. i don't know if we can transfer member #'s i'll look into that. it never occurred to me. post counts are definately coming over. we'll try and accomoodate all the legit name / post count issues for sure.

Question, if you don't mind dUKE, what about people like myself who've completely re-signed for whatever reason(in my case, my old name is now too big), will we get our postcounts transnfered or not? It honestly doesn't bother me, it's not like I had THAT many posts of THAT high a quality, I'm just curious!

Most of us feel member number and registration date are more a source of pride than post count. Any fix honoring that would be appreciated.

PS. Welcome back, ManWithThePlan. : ]

Is this the place for questions?

Wow. First post, and I'm asking a bunch of n00b questions.

1 - Is this the place to ask all the questions about the new boards?

2 - How do I set up my blog here?

3 - How do I make a user review?

4 - Where do I send the free booze for making this place look so awesome?

5 - When do we get the Quick Reply back?

used44 said:
PS. Welcome back, ManWithThePlan. : ]

Why thank you Used44! :D

Incidentally, I also feel we need the quick reply back, it was a useful tool and another omission I cannot quite work out to be frank! I'm sure the GMs have their reasons though.

Please transfer my Secondstar account stuff here. Thx.

Also I can't change my avatar, and the one I am trying to change it to is avatar size. What gives?

I was formaly 'yo'. Transfer of posts would be nice. I'm not sure I I should ask or it will happen

Not really that big of an issue at this point but I would like to mention that you can't save your login information. What I mean by that is that when I come to the Message Boards, I always have to re-login everytime, even after selecting the remember me button. It might just be me and my browser (Firefox).

I was just about to make a topic like this when i saw this one.

I'd like all the posts from Wizard_of_ld to go to this account, kthx. ^.^

Well this is odd. There is a TheNesMan here, i never registered a TheNesMan so one would assume someone took my name. But the only two posts made by him were made by me(as in i remember making them). Weird eh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133