Account Issues Here

used44 said:
Most of us feel member number and registration date are more a source of pride than post count. Any fix honoring that would be appreciated.

PS. Welcome back, ManWithThePlan. : ]

exactly, I've been here over four years and have around 1200 posts. Posts mean nothing to me as much as my registration date. Second to that my member number.

Some of those things might not be editable in this forum style. Just think though, now your regristration date is the first day of this new forum! Time to start all over!

It still doesn't illustrate the fact I've been here since I was sixteen.

I haven't anything to show for it, I didn't care about a high post count, people liking me, making some sort of moderator, or anything, I just stuck around, member 1305, july 2001, dL, the dark legacy. And I plan on staying, I'd like to have some sort of proof of that, I'd like some sort of recognition of my place here, at least I knew it was always there.

I say if we reinstate a ranking system it be on how long a member has remained activly posting, not based on post count. That would change things up a little.

Dark_Legacy said:
I say if we reinstate a ranking system it be on how long a member has remained activly posting, not based on post count. That would change things up a little.

thats not a bad idea. i'll look into the feasibility.

derekk said:
Please transfer my Secondstar account stuff here. Thx.

Also I can't change my avatar, and the one I am trying to change it to is avatar size. What gives?

Hmm, i also can't change my avatar, it wouldn't work then it did before and it is doing it again. Not that big of an issue though, the gms have alot to do.

Change me to Flaming Tiki God
I can't live with this horrid name

and we need post counts, member registration dates, and member numbers. STAT!

One more thing, we should get the Location feature back.

And to anyone unable to change their avatar here is what to to: do remove image and submit, then upload the new one and submit. It will be your old one again but after like 10 min it will go to your new one.

And just incase you forgot, when you get post counts back put all of SecondStar's on here :)

what can we do about this login name as publicily displayed named. this name is terrible. shouldi just reregister or what?

i would appreciate if my post count got fixed back, and also i would like to know when i get them medals for being old school

As far as I know, registration date could be changed in the database, but it would probably be a major hassle. My old account said I registered Aug. 2001, but I have been around a lot longer than 2001; yet nobody saw me complaining about that. The thing is, that date.. it's just that, a date. If you really want people to know you've been here since July 2001 (or whatever you said), add it to your biography, your profile, or your signature.
Usernames can be changed; there's a few ways this can be accomplished.

Member numbers cannot easily be changed. As far as I remember, your member number is based on the ID number of your record in the users table in the database, which is assigned sequentially when you registered. Changing this number is possible, but since the database uses this field as the primary key value for the table, having large gaps in the sequence, or having the numbers out of sequence will really cause the database to chug. It's just really, really not a good idea.

Just wait until we get our medals; then we can know who is an old skooler, and maybe even who is a really old skooler.

Since this seems to be the place for questions, at some point in the future, will we be able to comment on other people's blogs? The one-way only communication is starting to grate on my nerves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod