A Game to Remember, A Game to Forget

Commiebot

Novice
A simple notion: you're allowed to forget two games entirely. One you get to experience fresh for the first time, the other is simply gone with all related bad memories. What do you choose?

The Walking Dead Season 1, straight up. Other one? A Virus Named Tom, I guess. The game became worse as it went on and became more action/memory oriented. But I would love to re-experience the emotional hurricane that is The Walking Dead. Even if it's just for the 5th episode alone.

Fresh for the first time Everquest. It was my first MMO and prob spent more time on it the few years I played than even the on and off 6-7 years with WoW. Such simple aw at the graphics and how they had ginormous mobs. My first dragon raid, first time in Western Wastes (a zone with some 50+ number of *named* dragons, let alone the normal wyverns and wurms running amuk). first time killing a God in his own plane, and many more memories. Nothing will ever recreate that. Just to re-experience would be worth it.

Forget: Brink. They got me with the great gameplay vids and ad campaign. I was convinced it was the next Team Fortress but the game was a total flop.

Jak & Daxter all over again, and please, please completely wipe Spec Ops: The Line from any past or future memory.

If I could experience something all over again it would be world of warcraft. No question. But with a little more self control. But if everyone else isn't experiencing it for the first time as well and I don't get to experience raiding vanilla/tbc/wotlk like I used to with everyone else I wouldn't care to experience it fresh again starting at mop. Wouldn't be nearly as magical an experience.

If it was just to experience the game again, a game which everyone else has still/already played... maybe ocarina of time. Or mario 64.

Empire: Total War for both. I'd like to forget the broken at launch, bug filled mess that it was when I bought it. Then I would like to experience the fully patched and fully modded version through fresh eyes for the first time to see how the game was supposed to be when it launched. Because that latter version was enjoyable.

To experience again - Bioshock, easily. Or Metal Gear Solid. Fuck, I cant choose between those two.

To forget - fucking Driver 2. Biggest letdown of my life.

Cool topic.

I think the top game I would like to experience fresh would be Super Mario 64. Such a magical world full of exploration and secrets.

My runners up would be Bully, Resident Evil 4, Halo: Combat Evolved, Enslaved, and WWE No Mercy.

A game I'd like to forget is tougher for me. I have discerning tastes for what I choose to play, and I'm pretty forgiving when I do come across something I dislike. I'll say Superman 64. That game sucked eggs and was very disappointing to me personally as I was a big Superman fan at the time.

To experience again? I can't choose. It's either going to be Skyrim, or the Mass Effect series (I know that's technically three games plus DLC)... let's go with Skyrim.

Runners up includes: Final Fantasy X, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Secret of Mana and Resident Evil 4.

To completely forget?

Iron Man: The Movie game.

Well if I could entirely forget any single game for good I'd be glad to be rid of Resident Evil 5. I returned it the next day!

I'd love to reexperience a few games for the second time though, like MGS2, MGS4 (for a few pretty notable scenes at least), Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, and Heavy Rain

VinylFuzz said:
Well if I could entirely forget any single game for good I'd be glad to be rid of Resident Evil 5. I returned it the next day!

Wow, really? I really enjoyed Resident Evil 5. With the original version I only played co-op (once with my older brother and another with my friend). When it came to single player, I only played Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (using the PS3 Move controllers).

How come you didn't like Resident Evil 5?

Master_Craig said:
VinylFuzz said:

Wow, really? I really enjoyed Resident Evil 5. With the original version I only played co-op (once with my older brother and another with my friend). When it came to single player, I only played Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (using the PS3 Move controllers).

I only played it by myself so that might have something to do with it. I just had such high expectations after RE4 and was really let down by what I felt was a little boring and tedious. I can see how having another person would be a lot better than the AI partner though. Not really a bad game per se, just disappointing and the first thing to come to mind. I tend to like most things I play so it kinda stands out to me in that respect.

Edit: NO WAIT

Devil May Cry 2 is definitely my real answer for this! Much more disappointing, much more just bad

VinylFuzz said:
Master_Craig said:
VinylFuzz said:

I only played it by myself so that might have something to do with it. I just had such high expectations after RE4 and was really let down by what I felt was a little boring and tedious. I can see how having another person would be a lot better than the AI partner though. Not really a bad game per se, just disappointing and the first thing to come to mind. I tend to like most things I play so it kinda stands out to me in that respect.

Edit: NO WAIT

Devil May Cry 2 is definitely my real answer for this! Much more disappointing, much more just bad

Fair enough man! I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 but yes, to really have some fun and enjoy the experience it's best to play co-op with a friend, either split screen or online. Playing single player is not that fun, especially with the A.I of Sheva.

I think that's a good call you've got there too for a change of answer. Devil May Cry 2 was such a disappointing game. Funnily enough, it was the first Devil May Cry game I actually played and I rather enjoyed it (rented it out on a weekend), however once I played Devil May Cry 1 and then 3, I realised DMC2 was actually really crap compared to the other games.

As soon as you saw devilish tanks and helicopters in DMC2 it really was just, wtf.

I'm a sucker for games with awesome music; F-Zero For SNES, but I'd have to start totally fresh from all video games. Super Mario World was the only game I had ever played before F-Zero. I'm not even a big racing fan, but I mean come on.... C'mawwn!!! Best racing music ever.

C_nate said:
Empire: Total War for both. I'd like to forget the broken at launch, bug filled mess that it was when I bought it.

I'll go with this theme of broken launch titles and submit Battlefield 4 for the ol' MiB flashy thing. I don't think I need to explain my reasoning here.

StudioTan said:
I'm a sucker for games with awesome music; F-Zero For SNES, but I'd have to start totally fresh from all video games. Super Mario World was the only game I had ever played before F-Zero. I'm not even a big racing fan, but I mean come on.... C'mawwn!!! Best racing music ever.

C_nate said:
Empire: Total War for both. I'd like to forget the broken at launch, bug filled mess that it was when I bought it.

I'll go with this theme of broken launch titles and submit Battlefield 4 for the ol' MiB flashy thing. I don't think I need to explain my reasoning here.

I'm kind of curious, what was everyone's problem with BF4? I had a good time with 3 and 4 and thought they were pretty similar. I didn't get it right at launch but I had it on PS3 for a while and it seemed to work fine for the most part, other than my weapon sometimes changing when I tried to sprint?

MattAY said:
As soon as you saw devilish tanks and helicopters in DMC2 it really was just, wtf.

I know right?

The second final boss (where all the bosses were combined as some sort of... mess) was also just really, really stupid.

VinylFuzz said:
I'm kind of curious, what was everyone's problem with BF4? I had a good time with 3 and 4 and thought they were pretty similar. I didn't get it right at launch but I had it on PS3 for a while and it seemed to work fine for the most part, other than my weapon sometimes changing when I tried to sprint?

Instability, mostly. I play mainly Rush, and I've never been able to make it through a full game of Flood Zone or Lancang Dam; the game always crashes. Also, there are too many random crashes on every other map. There's just too much going on in that game for the PS3 to handle. And lately, there's a glitch everyone is exploiting where you can combine classes; an assault with an rpg and an ammo bag, for example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133