1...2... Freddy's coming for you...

Wes

Rookie
Another movie is remade and the quest to find an original film has become even harder. Nevertheless, I've got tickets for a midnight screening of A Nightmare On Elm Street so I'll see how it is. I really don't know anything about Freddy except for parodies on The Simpsons so perhaps I might actually enjoy this. I'll let you all know what I think later on.

This movie is going to be GOOD.

remakes suck - but you got Rorschach playing Freddie - and I'm old enough not to poop my pant or cover my eyes. This is going to ROCK!

Saving grace here is Jackie Earle Haley.

Other than that, I am not sure how good it will be, but I do think Haley is going to steal the show.

I saw part 3 when i was 6... SIX! Stupid babysitter. That movie screwed me up royaly for over a month. How could i sleep? That's when Freddy kills you!

If I wanted to see Jackie Earle Haley, I'd watch Human Target.

Now that I'm over the 20s hump, this movie does not interest me at all.

they filmed it at my high school, I personally know about half the extras i've seen in the trailers, hopefully my locker is in it.

other than that, no interest, and if i wanted to see jackie earle haley, i'd watch breaking away

Haha, my mum hated the fact this was being remade. All she said was "...why?...I mean.......why?"

You should've said to you mom "six sequels and a freddy vs jason movie, that's why" lol. I gotta be honest, i've always hated the movies but that's probably due to my traumatic experience watching one of them so young. I will admit the one that takes place in "reality" where the actors play themselves (including robert england and wes craven) was smart and kinda cool... Until it just turned into all the other ones.

Trippysmurf said:
If I wanted to see Jackie Earle Haley, I'd watch Human Target.

Is that a stab at Human Target? Because I actually do watch that show and it's a lot better than I thought it'd be. Then again it has Jackie Earle Haley and Chi McBride so it has to be at least a little good, right?

On topic, I really wanna see this movie, mainly just to compare it to the original and see how good of a job they did at staying true to it. I mean come on, the original Nightmare is infamous in the horror genre. It's up there with Halloween (which actually did have two good remakes) and Friday the 13th.

kinda interested. though I'm completely burnt out on the original, I'd like to see what's going on in a remake. Freddy came after Santa Claus but before the Easter Bunny - that pretty much sums up my childhood.

going to go see it tomorrow night. i remember the original gave me nightmares when i was a kid.

This is starting to really piss me off their making remakes of movies they made too many of in the 80's

Well it was pretty cool and very trippy. I don't take hallucinagins but if I did before this movie, I would have one seriously bad trip. All in all, not a bad movie.

Just went to see it with my old lady personally I didn't like it first off as I said a remake of an 80's movie then they made freddy look like a chinese person with down syndrome. I do got to say every time I thought someone was the main heroin it turn out differently, the ending was predictable cause I don't know we seen it what ten times now the best part that I like was when they showed him being burned alive

Wes said:
Well it was pretty cool and very trippy. I don't take hallucinagins but if I did before this movie, I would have one seriously bad trip. All in all, not a bad movie.

Good to know they're keeping the silly traditions alive :) That's part of the Freddy charm.

I saw it and i thought it was awful. I still think robert england should've reprised the role of freddy. I know he's pretty old now but come on, he's covered in make up, it wouldn't be noticeable. Anyways, i wish i could go back in time 20 years and tell 6 year old me that i just saw a new nightmare on elm street and it was pretty lame. Although back then i was so traumatized i'd probably think i was freddy in disguise playing a trick on me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle