Where to watch movie after Netflix?

LatinTeam

Rookie
Hi everyone,

Well after my account on Netflix has some problem and I can't contact its customer service to fix, I'm thinking to subscribe to online movies somewhere else. Looking at Amazon Prime at the moment but would like to hear your experience first. Does it have as good content/movie as Netflix?

Not really. Amazon has so many random titles I've just simply never heard of.

What country are you in? MattAY could be having a crappy selection due to licensing rights because in the U.S Amazon Prime has some pretty decent fi;ms to choose from. You can also add on other subscriptions such as Starz, HBO, Cinemax and Showtime. I don't think it's as good as Netflix but it's definitely a viable runner up.

Not being able to get in touch with their CS seems odd. They're typically pretty easy to get in touch with.

Oh, a few days after I posted this thread, I managed to get in touch with Netflix and solved my account problem! However, I'm still thinking about moving away from it and maybe switching to one of these streaming services. I'm in the US btw, and that makes Amazon Prime more attractive because its original series look good, at least to me. I have subscribed to HBO but their movie selection isn't so interesting...I mean the movies are old and already shown in the cinema :/

Last edited:
So since I don’t have cable TV, I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO Now and I use my roommate’s Hulu account. They’re all pretty similar, it just comes down to what you want to watch. Netflix is starting to go mainly for their own programming, but a lot of it is really good. HBO is HBO, no surprise there but they have a pretty decent selection of fairly newer movies usually. Amazon Prime has some good stuff that isn’t available on the other services and they’re starting to get into their own Programming as well(honestly you should probably have Amazon Prime just for the normal Prime perks and the video streaming isnjust a bonus). Hulu is great if you’re into tv shows that are all currently still on tv and the bigger name stuff is slowly moving over to it. I’ve been mostly using Hulu lately but that’s just because I’m on a Brooklynn 99 binge and cant get enough of it.

There’s a free app called JustWatch on iOS, and I’m assuming Google as well that you can search for a show or movie and it will tell you if it is streaming on a service or where you can rent it if now. I’d suggest checking the app out and searching for a few of your favorite shows/movies and go with whatever service has the most.

I don't have anything to add to the original topic other than what GL already said.

I will say though, my wife and I have been binge-watching "Love" on Netflix this past month and I can't recommend it enough. Really excited for Season 3 to drop on Friday.

I’m on a Brooklynn 99 binge and cant get enough of it.

I've been there friend! When Series 4 came out fairly recently I watched all of them all over again - was glorious!

I'm currently watching Atypical, it's pretty good. Kind of in a high school romance mood at the moment.
You guys have Sherlock on your USA Netflix?? I recommend that big time if you do.

And I'm watching Stranger Things...I will have to finish Season 2 before switching to another service :DYes! Sherlock could be the next one on my movie list!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod