Daily Ting

De-Ting

Rookie
I've got my own challenge for you, guys. Today, we're going to start doing a new thing every day, and then we're gonna talk about it. A daily quest, if you want to think of it like that.

It can be almost anything. Watch this video, play this game, listen to this song, eat this food, do this activity, whatever. Then, we all synergize and have something in common to talk about for the day.

I'll pick someone else each day to choose the next daily thing, but if they don't post one after a while or I don't select someone, anyone can choose. Perform the task and say something about it to earn a point. The scoreboard will be at the bottom of this post. You can still earn a point if you complete the thing just before the current one. Also, you can earn multiple points for the same thing if it hasn't been updated a full 24 hours after you completed it once.

I'll also keep this post updated with the latest thing for your convenience, but make sure the dates match. Otherwise, check the latest posts for today's thing.

Today's Ting #119

Sunday said:
Submit an idea for a ting. PM it to me. - Ting

---
Past Tings
#118 Thursday, Mar. 31: Either enter the GR Han Solo Memorabilia giveaway, or voice your disdain for the rules of the raffle in the comments section. - Ting
#117 Saturday, Mar. 26: Post a relatively new picture of yourself in the PYP thread. - UghRochester
#116 Wednesday, Mar. 23: Play a game from your back log. - StudioTan
#115 Sunday, Mar. 20: Google "Phil Jones faces" (defender for Manchester United) and post your favourite. - MattAY
#114 Friday, Mar. 18: Share a joke that's so bad it's good. - Wicked_Liquid
#113 Tuesday, Mar. 15: Watch an episode of MXC (Takeshi's Castle). Tell us which episode and your favorite moment. - Ting
#112 Monday, Mar. 14: Have some pie. - Ting
#111 Friday, Mar. 11: Tell us the worst movie you ever sat through from start to finish, and why you sat through it. - Master_Craig
#110 Tuesday, Mar. 8: Provide some feedback on chapter two of Cruel. - Ting
#109 Saturday, Mar. 5: Give used some lovin'. - Ting
#108 Wednesday, Mar. 2: Write a funny story. 100 word maximum. - UrbanMasque
#107 Sunday, Feb. 28: What was the scariest animal experience in your life? - Bretimus_v2
#106 Wednesday, Feb. 24: Make your own GR Strips using MS Paint. - Master_Craig
#105 Sunday, Feb. 21: Make a contribution to UghRochester's Extra Life page. - UghRochester
#104 Wednesday, Feb. 17: Challenge Ugh with truth or dare. Ugh must do two truths and two dares. - UghRochester
#103 Sunday, Feb. 14: Reminisce and remember your favourite toy as a child and divulge any lovely memories that go with it! If you still have it somewhere - post a picture you mong! - MattAY
#102 Friday, Feb. 12: Valentines day is coming up! So post your DREAM VALENTINES DAY with ANYONE ANYWHERE! And tell us what your favourite sex position is...solo or couple...HA! - MattAY
#101 Thursday, Feb. 11: Post your favorite palindrome! - Longo_2_guns
#100 Tuesday, Feb. 9: Submit an idea for a ting. PM it to me. - Ting
#99 Sunday, Feb. 7: Make something new. - Ting
#98 Thursday, Feb. 4: Take a dare from the previous ting and do it. - Ting
#97 Tuesday, Feb. 2: Dare UrbanMasque to do something. Urban, do at least two dares. - Ting
#96 Sunday, Jan. 31: Brush and floss (gasp!) your teeth. - Ting
#95 Friday, Jan. 29: Mix two different kinds of the same type of food and eat it. - Ting
#94 Sunday, Jan. 24: Share a favorite sporting experience of yours. - Ting
#93 Thursday, Jan. 21: Share something you like that you doubt anyone else knows about. - Ting
#92 Tuesday, Jan. 19: Change something. Anything. - Ting
#91 Saturday, Jan. 16: Hold your eyes open for as long as you can. Time it. - Ting
#90 Thursday, Jan. 14: Start cleaning that mess you've been avoiding for so long. - Ting
#89 Tuesday, Jan. 12: Watch Labyrinth. - Ting
#88 Sunday, Jan. 10: Sit somewhere you wouldn't normally sit for at least a minute. - Ting
#87 Friday, Jan. 8: Hug two or more people. - Ting
#86 Tuesday, Jan. 5: What was your favorite non-food item to put in your mouth as a kid (still?)? - Ting
#85 Monday, Jan. 4: Play a side-scrolling plaformer. - Ting
#84 Saturday, Jan. 2: Share your New Year's stories. - Ting
#83 Friday, Jan. 1: Show 2016 who's boss with an offensive gesture! Moon the freakin' sky! - Ting
2015 September - December
---
-Scoreboard-
De-Ting: 95
StudioTan: 75
MattAY: 66
UrbanMasque: 65
UghRochester: 52
Master_Craig: 50
Bretimus_v2: 45
Longo_2_guns: 37
used44: 27
WickedLiquid: 24
HK-47: 22
LinksOcarina: 7
Green_Lantern: 5
StickyGreenGamer: 4
Paradox: 1
Optimus-Crime: 1
Sourdeez: 1
cyberjim2000: 1

Nice idea!

I tried knowing I have the flexibility of a plank. I couldn't even get my foot up to my shoulders.

I also cant sit cross-legged so I honestly had no chance!

MattAY said:
I also cant sit cross-legged so I honestly had no chance!
What's the story there? I game almost exclusively with my legs crossed.

And of course, I can get both feet up there. I've even done it on camera for something in high school.

There is no story really, I'm just not very flexible. I've just never been very nimble - I cant touch my toes, and I cant sit cross-legged. I envy people like you who can do it so easily as well!

Well, that's it for day one. Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll allow one day extra for anyone to complete a thing and talk about it for a point.

Today's Thing #2

Monday said:
Use a cheat code in any game and play with it.

Can't get my foot anywhere near my dang head. I can almost touch it to my chest, but not quite.

I decided on Age of Empires II. Entering the resource cheats over and over again was basically my inspiration to learn how to type as a kid. That was before I knew how to ctrl+a, ctrl+c, ctrl+v, of course.

And then there's the car. Nothing's more satisfying than unleashing a hundred rapid-firing cobras on your enemy's douchy amount of villagers.

49772_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Yesssssss.

Does playing as Oddjob in Goldeneye count? ;)

I'll be doing the classic simoleon Sims cheat in Sims 1 this evening. I WANT A NICE HOUSE - I DESERVE ONE!!

For about half an hour I loaded up Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy on my PC. That game is very fun when it comes to cheats.

Press the ~ key to open up the console, then input the following:

helpusobi1 (enable cheats)
setforceall 5 (give yourself all Force powers at maximum level)
giveall (get all weapons)
god (optional god mode)

Then you can fight an army of storm troopers, reborn soldiers or anything you like with the following command:

npcspawn <enemy>

Fighting an army of reborn is pretty fun. :)

I've got both feet covered. What's today's thing, cheat codes? Caesar 3: right click a water well and ALT+C until the man no longer threatens death.

Sounded like they were gonna bust out into O Holy Night any moment. Choruses, man.

Touching both my heels to my head is my limit.

Using a shield in the Rainbow Six beta is practically a cheat code right?

Rare Replay has a rewind function built into most of its old games. I haven't used it yet except for accidentally squeezing the trigger once and discovering it. I'll play some Battletoads or something tonight using that as a cheat and see how far past the Turbo Tunnel I can get.

Nope! Remember, now you have one day to listen to the British National Anthem and post about it to earn a point.

Today's Thing #4

Wednesday said:
Eat something you don't normally eat. :) - Master_Craig

I might have to leave the house for this one.

used will pick the next thing.

I'll see what I can find on my lunch break today.

I ate a toasted ham, cheese, tomato sandwich. Despite it being so common, I never really eat them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod