What I wanna do...

It's too late now as the Virtual Console release of Earthbound will likely slightly deflate the market on second hand copies of the game, but I had this idea of buying a new, factory sealed copy for the sure-to-be unholy sum of whatever-the-guy-wants. It's been sealed for ages, it's super rare, and no one else sane enough to do this has a copy of their own. I would love to get the copy...

and then open it... and play it.

Seriously, why wouldn't you open a damn game? I get why it being sealed is more valuable, but you're such an asshole for treating games like that. Games aren't meant to be stored and tucked away like an investment. They're supposed to be played and enjoyed and experienced outside of the box art. I think the purveyors of classic gaming memorabilia have just got it wrong.

It's designed for playing and it's a bit sad to see it still in the box. Like it's sad to see historical tanks that are immobile in a museum while it should've been rolling around in the hills killing people like it's designed to do.

Id like to go find the landfill out in El Paso they dumped all those ET games in, when they made more copies than the total number of consoles owned :shock:

From Wikipedia though
"All of these factors have lead to wide speculation that most of the 3.5 million unsold copies of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial ultimately wound up in this landfill, crushed and encased in concrete."

cyberjim2000 said:
It's designed for playing and it's a bit sad to see it still in the box. Like it's sad to see historical tanks that are immobile in a museum while it should've been rolling around in the hills killing people like it's designed to do.
Hahaha!
Sourdeez said:
they made more copies than the total number of consoles owned
Well, it had a bald space marine on the box, last year's version sold a bunch, and and... well without DLC this joke kind of falls apart.

I'm just saying, what the hell is wrong with someone who looks at an amazing game and says "boy I'd like to never play that." Maybe I should have titled this thread "ITT I bitch about second hand Earthbound prices."

The light heart in me wants to think it could have just been a gift never given or a grandparent had lost.

But I also know people that own every collectors edition of world of Warcraft unopened with them thinking it will be worth millions when they are old.

Hahaha, they made so many of those things! I'd rather be the Earthbound collector than one of those guys. It's like holding on to a really shiny penny from 1975 or something. No one's going to give a shit about an old penny!

I wanna do the same, but instead video myself taking it out of the box and simply licking it.
Post it up on youtube and see how many people i've made mad.

Buy it and then put it in a blender or shoot it with something. Just totally destroy it and outrage all the peoples on the internets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle