What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
StudioTan said:
orig-14199101.jpg
Literally just thought about this during dinner.

http://youtu.be/M3YElLVMjEs?t=38s

Getting The Evil Within tomorrow, pretty excited.

Still playing Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor, loving it. Sunday afternoon my girlfriend and I spent ages tracking down an orc we wanted to kill named "Dush".

Last night, I found him - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... 6260368913

Dush...

Still yet to play Alien: Isolation because I really want to make a video of myself playing it and most likely pooping myself in fear.

Longo_2_guns said:
WHO IS THE ASSHOLE WHO DESIGNED THIS PLACE TO HAVE SO MANY HOLES IN THE CEILING!
I don't even know if the alien is currently even in play (I'm at the part Lethean was at before where the girl shoots at you), but fuck.

I know! :( That keycard door with a hole above it....fuck them.
Plus then I think I heard alien "noises", but I wasnt sure since there was no welcoming cut-scene. I was asking, "is it in play now?! WE HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN INTRODUCED!" then I thought because of what happened earlier, it IS in play! Basically I was creeping around like a twat for about 30 minutes.

Craig, seen a couple of Evil Within gameplays, it's just confusing. Something happens and I just think...what the fuck is going on. Then some gameplay occurs. I wish there was an incentive like - I'm looking for my wife - SOMETHING!

Whelp. I just suffered my first death by Alien last night in mission 5. Today I suffered my 2nd death by Alien, again in mission 5. I lasted a whole few seconds longer this time though and successfully sneaked past him once!

I had my first alien death in mission 4. I didn't realize that slime dripped down from the ceiling hole it was hiding in.

Shame it doesn't pick up the androids that walks underneath it, though.

That's something I've been told about Alien: Isolation. If you see slime dripping from somewhere, do not go near it.

I heard the Alien attacks other humans (NPCs) but not androids, is this true?

Master_Craig said:
That's something I've been told about Alien: Isolation. If you see slime dripping from somewhere, do not go near it.

I heard the Alien attacks other humans (NPCs) but not androids, is this true?

Yes because they are synthetic it does not see them as prey I guess. It's intense seeing it attack other humans while you hide and then it climbs into the vents, you having no idea where it is.

The aliens kill androids in the movies. But maybe because the Working Joes aren't... human enough, they won't attack them.

Got my hands on The Evil Within today. Got the "The Fighting Chance Pack" which was the only one available.

I've almost finished Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and I've had so much fun with that game. I'm not sure what to start next, The Evil Within or Alien: Isolation?

Maybe Alien: Isolation since everyone is talking about it.

I've been on the fence about Alien: Isolation...

How do the guns play into it? I was pretty bummed when I first heard they were added, does the game turn into a shoot 'em up at all? Or are the guns more or less for emotional support

crazycracker22 said:

How do the guns play into it? I was pretty bummed when I first heard they were added, does the game turn into a shoot 'em up at all? Or are the guns more or less for emotional support

Not at all. You can shoot the synthetics or humans yes but that attracts the Alien, or other umans/synthetics. It's a last resort kind of thing. If you shoot the Alien, you die anyways. Bulets do nothing.

The only thing that makes it easier is the flamethrower or Molotov cocktails. Those scare the Alien away for a few seconds but it comes back after mustering up some more courage.

I made it through the first part of the medlabs... and am now stuck on the second part of the medlabs. I can't get from the one doctor's office to the trauma center without getting killed by Mr Alien, and there isn't a convenient save point anywhere.

Lethean said:
crazycracker22 said:

Not at all. You can shoot the synthetics or humans yes but that attracts the Alien, or other umans/synthetics. It's a last resort kind of thing. If you shoot the Alien, you die anyways. Bulets do nothing.

The only thing that makes it easier is the flamethrower or Molotov cocktails. Those scare the Alien away for a few seconds but it comes back after mustering up some more courage.

Hahah, oh man. That sounds awesome. I love the idea of actually being terrified of an un-killable Xenomorph.

I'm glad it is skipping the whole space marine trope (I know--funny considering how Aliens started it), xenos are unique in the fact that they're the perfect almost unstoppable killing machine. Might as well take advantage of that, Dammit!

How linear is the game? High replay value?

I started playing The Evil Within last night on the PS4. I like it so far. It really reminds me of Resident Evil 4, which is why I'm enjoying it so much.

It's not that "scary" per say, it's just really intense and really messed up.

The story is interesting so far, I want to know why these things are happening, but I have a feeling it's gonna be poorly explained or some kinda cop out answer. We'll see though. The voice acting is pretty bad for the most part.

Longo_2_guns said:
I made it through the first part of the medlabs... and am now stuck on the second part of the medlabs. I can't get from the one doctor's office to the trauma center without getting killed by Mr Alien, and there isn't a convenient save point anywhere.

I got stuck on that exact same bit! I got to the point where i have the trauma kit and am now making it back to taylor. And i bloody died by getting burned to death! I managed to wriggle through the androids, humans and that fudging alien only to make it to the end and get burnt by fire! Plus, its not as if she screams or anything when shes dieing, i didnt realise my health was low. No red screen or flashing health bar or anything - she just went "oh for fuck sake" and dropped dead! And with the whole save system thing, i hadnt found a save point - so had to redo my 45 mins of creeping about again!! Seriously, this game has autosave right? Why doesnt it use it apart from when im in a bloody elevator?!

Bloody bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133