What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for awhile. I competed the first playthrough with Wilhelm. I'll probably do a Claptrap run before doing the true vault hunter playthrough. Right now though, I'm playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It's updated with 720p, increased draw distance and achievements. It was on a marketplace sale for $4 so I absolutley scooped that up.

Playing Dragon Age Inquisition between classes today. If you connect to origins through korea you can unlock your purchased game early.

This game makes my 980 sli setup pump out some heat! Almost perfect sli scaling across two cards.

One negative I hope they will patch or modders will be able to fix is 30fps cut scenes.

used44 said:
MattAY said:
Currently playing Pool Nation because it was £2. Bloody addictive! And great with other people with aim assists off!

Is this on mobile?

No, 360. Although a good pool game on mobile sounds like a good idea - find one!

I have a fix for the 30fps cutscenes in Dragon Age Inquisition.

Paste this at the end of your target shortcut on your desktop.
-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

Works with 144hz to. The games cutscenes look way better at 144fps.
Why Bioware didn't do this is a mystery. Some suspect a conspiracy. :roll:

I enjoy it a lot. I may have a few gripes but the graphics are great. The engine is optimized. The game is very fun in a addictive way. It does not surprise me one bit that dragon age inquisition actually started out as a MMO version of dragon age.

Now that we can remove the 30fps cut scene famerate cap I have no problem suggesting all my rpg friends go buy DA:I

I picked up Assassin's Creed: Unity for the PS4. So far I'm actually really enjoying it.

Graphically it's a very beautiful game. I haven't noticed that much of a frame rate drop at all. Strangely, the only time when the frame rate was dramatically noticeable (terrible) was during one cut scene. Other than that, it's fine, even when charging through a massive crowd.

The controls are a bit strange, especially with the new "Free Run Up" and "Free Run Down" mechanics. I guess practice makes perfect.

I've yet to see any major glitches, like people missing their faces and stuff. Kinda disappointed. I wanted to see that. :p

Arno isn't that great of a protagonist sadly. He reminds me of a more annoying Ezio. As always, the whole Abstergo/Animus modern day stuff is really balls. I hate that stuff. It feels so tacked on nowadays. I think Ubisoft realised that the whole Animus modern stuff was a huge mistake.

So far though I'm pleasantly surprised. I like it.

I also picked up Far Cry 4 today for PS4. I'm going to have a lot of games to play over the next few months.

-Assassin's Creed: Unity (got it)
-Far Cry 4 (got it today)
-Dragon Age: Inquisition (should be in next Monday)
-Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (end of month)

Ha ha, awesome! :p

I played Far Cry 4 last night. It very much reminds me of Far Cry 3, e.g. you're a foreigner to a strange but dangerous land, you basically get kidnapped by a messed up dictating warlord, you escape, now you're helping to rid the land of him and his forces. Pretty much the same deal.

Game play is pretty much identical to Far Cry 3. You even use a DLSR camera as makeshift binoculars to spy on and tag enemies. One new feature I like is the use of a grappling rope. It's not as fun or unrealistic as a lot of games that let you "grapple" but since the game is set in the Himalayas, there's a lot of cliff climbing, rappelling etc.

Absolutely gorgeous game, I love the visuals. Looks amazing, especially the mountain backdrops.

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3, so despite being pretty identical, I'm enjoying Far Cry 4 so far. Spent a lot of time hunting with the bow and arrow.

Green_Lantern said:
LinksOcarina said:
Holy fuck is Dragon Age Inquisition Big.

Not to bad either, I think I prefer 2 still in the end.

That's even possible?
It is for hipsters.

hipster.jpg

I'm on AC Rogue. Imagine Black Flag...but in winter. And instead of the icons being yellow, they're light blue.

At least the story in Rogue is far far superior. It has many connections with 3 (considering it takes place at the same time as Connor was young). And that in itself gives more connection to the Assassins you have to kill, that is the best bit about the story in my mind - the potential emotion. Also, the moment when Shay converts is pretty spectacular.
Black Flag's story was unbearably shit, so Rogue is winning there. I just wish the devs went into more effort in making the cities and towns a bit different from each other.
There's a moment when you go to another country, and I thought we were going to get a big city to explore in - but I only found myself to be disappointed when it became a one-time event.

Still, I'm at Sequence 4 of Rogue and it's enjoyable.

De-Ting said:
Green_Lantern said:
LinksOcarina said:
Holy fuck is Dragon Age Inquisition Big.

Not to bad either, I think I prefer 2 still in the end.

That's even possible?
It is for hipsters.

hipster.jpg

Me, a hipster, that's a funny thought.

I don't know...the game is really good, but at the same time I liked the intimacy of Dragon Age II and the story it presented more than the epic save the world stuff we usually see in fantasy RPG games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex