Progress Report - Early 2012

Actually I have a serious F'n gripe!

I've gone to put in blog posts in the past, only to hit submit and have the WHOLE thing wiped on me. Anyone else have this issue?
1272964790_glenn-beck-crying.gif

Fix this $H!t

Also - my blog postings don't pop up on the community feed, why is this?

Urban.Out.

I'll check into this for sure.

Also, PM me. I want to chat with you about something.

UrbanMasque said:
Actually I have a serious F'n gripe!

I've gone to put in blog posts in the past, only to hit submit and have the WHOLE thing wiped on me. Anyone else have this issue?
1272964790_glenn-beck-crying.gif

Fix this $H!t

Also - my blog postings don't pop up on the community feed, why is this?

Urban.Out.

Now that I got my itch for being a prick out of the way, I want to seriously approach your comment about more polish.

Can you explain what you mean by that in more detail? Are you looking for more newsy type "reports", more information-based articles, or something else?

The reason I ask, is because I've always been under the impression that you guys PREFERRED the more laid back, bloggy type of articles we're writing. I'm sure there's a place for both, but they may need more separation.

Like we could make news more newsy, more like a report with tons of information, instead of being so to the point and personal. We could use the Manifesto for any and all the blog-type stuff.

As much as I do value your input, I'd like to hear everyone else's input on this too, because I don't want to start such a major change for just you, as much as I do favor you, Lethean. :)

But yeah, this is the type of input I really want, because I want to ensure that the content we produce is content you (everyone) enjoy and find interesting through and through.

Lethean said:
used44 said:
I'm in favor of keeping it white.

Will comment on more stuff later.

Black people everywhere are waiting to remind you of the civil rights movement.

Racist.

I'd like more article features. More in depth PC system reviews. Maybe coverage on games being adapted to movies. And...Dare I say this...This is constructive by the way....I see.flickers of greatness and tons of potential from all the staff but a little more Polish in the articles? Sometimes they feel passionate but come off as a blog as opposed to a fully fleshed out article.

I mean no offense. Just giving 100% honest feedback.

Lethean is retarded... I am most likely not alone when I joined this site because the reviews made me smile... I can read the back of the goddamn package for technobabble. What I want to know if how the game effected you. Not how well the new engine has been reworked. There is enough already. If some people want more in depth articles concerning tech and game BS [because thats what 90 percent of game movies are] then let them write their own. Or perhaps assign a freelancer the tedium that comes with writing a dispassionate review about a game they may or may not like. Hell if it so strikes them let them post as blog entries and provide a link in the article.

If I wanted to see movie reviews and fanboy idiocy I would go to AICN... I come here on purpose

We would never change out style of reviewing games, so no worries about that.

But thank you for the input. I appreciate the honesty.

spartan317 said:
Lethean is retarded... I am most likely not alone when I joined this site because the reviews made me smile... I can read the back of the goddamn package for technobabble. What I want to know if how the game effected you. Not how well the new engine has been reworked. There is enough already. If some people want more in depth articles concerning tech and game BS [because thats what 90 percent of game movies are] then let them write their own. Or perhaps assign a freelancer the tedium that comes with writing a dispassionate review about a game they may or may not like. Hell if it so strikes them let them post as blog entries and provide a link in the article.

If I wanted to see movie reviews and fanboy idiocy I would go to AICN... I come here on purpose

A lot of changes have happened and I've been really pleased with most of them (front page layout, podcasts, the RETURN OF LATEST FORUM THREADS, community event organizing, etc. Keep up the good work.

As long as this continues to be a website that gives honest, and sometimes funny, reviews paired with community focus...I'll keep coming back.

spartan317 said:

Yeah I'm retarded for posting an honest piece of.constructive criticism in a thread where the site owner asked for it.

By the way I didn't say jack about the video game reviews or how they should be more technical. I said PC reviews sparky.

This is a gaming website Skippy... You want tech reviews go to a PC Review site... and for the record mr severino does not own GR... though i'm sure someone such as yourself would disagree

Pc reviews generally have benchmarks in them. So perhaps more in depth would have been better? Oh wait. I did say in depth the first time.

Anthony_Severino said:

Uh, Stars? Grading is a style, and the corporate shrills pushed GR into the Generic Gaming Site zone completely..

Why even stick with those conventions? Use something more majestic...like grading by the colors of the rainbow!!!

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Anthony_Severino said:

Uh, Stars? Grading is a style, and the corporate shrills pushed GR into the Generic Gaming Site zone completely..

Exactly why I left GR.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod