My little Ponies- For BlackStar

There's a lot of confusion about the originals. Let's take a closer look at some of the older posters in this thread

Stal aka MikeyV. didn't post much on the forums until he was granted admin rights. There's not a ton of history there on the boards. Well, there is but there isn't. He was found mainly in the irc chat. Though his time here was relatively short, his flame wars with TNO and BBK (and his mini war with Ugh) provided more than enough drama to secure his place in GR history.

/Dobby_was_the_girl
She's a true veteran. She was on the boards far longer than even Stal. I'm not saying she wanted the attention, because she was a solid poster for sure, but we sure gave it to her anyhow. There were other girls but none of them were as solid as Dobby. She was one of us. Maybe she did like the attention, though. After all, this was all before Myspace. Her best work came in the original PYP Topic! Plus we liked trolling her bf, who was also on the boards at the time. Her bf's "El Dorado" crew deserves a mention as well. sup, DWTC69.

Grey was another solid veteran but he had already slowed his posting on GR before the switch to the beta boards (new boards). He was spending most of his time at tagmonkey where he Admins.
[Title: Administrator]. so that makes sense
He's all around awesome and loves 2D fighters. He has an unhealthy but perhaps healthy infatuation for Chun-Li, which is fine because I feel the same towards Ken Masters.

Gaiacarra aka Chozolord. He wasn't around much at all before or after the switch. This is a case of someone rejoining the boards during the time of the beta boards switch. Nothing to see here.

De-Ting said:
"The_Nes_Man"....lol!
The_NES_Man aka Nesman(?) has more posts than anyone here. His true post count is staggering. Post Count was everything on the old boards. He probably left when GR did away with the post count ranking and reset them to zero. He was the first Immobile Oak, then the first Kung Fu Elvis. (scroll down)

I remember there being a problem with his Kung Fu Elvis icon. Perhaps someone wouldn't grant him access to his true ranking? Or Kaanchtoofan lowered his count? I believe Kaanch was abusing his admin rights during this time and had boosted his post count to Kung Fu Elvis as well, or at least to Immovable Oak, as it was then known. It was also believed that GR didn't have a Kung Fu Elvis icon to begin with, and only the title 'Kung Fu Elvis' was granted at X amount of posts. Even today there is no # amount of posts next to Kung Fu Elvis or Immobile Oak. It just goes to show that Kung Fu Elvis on the old boards was the rarest air of all, far more mysterious than any other icon, including Moment of Enlightenment. Again, a big deal back on the old boards where you couldn't change or personalize your icons. [they were dictated by your post count]

The_Cookster was /b/ before /b/ was /b/. Yup, he's the one. Everything that encompasses today's 4chan, The_Cookster was first. He was epic, but everyone put up with it because he was classic. He must be in the 'You were either here for it or you weren't' category. Very brave, this guy. Well, brave from a computer, but still.

Enigma is fairly new. She had either barely joined the forums during the switch or had joined after the switch. Her time could be found in the 222 pages of GR history. The cool thing about her was, 1, she was a girl, and 2, she was Australian. She kept the seats warm during the night shift. Great for the insomniacs, too. Her best stuff involved taking care of children in Australia, and flirting with 2 other long time vetrerans, One (AU) and Rekkie (NZ).

Yorky is another solid veteran, or at least mid-tier veteran. Mid-tier only because he wasn't around as long as, say, Dobby or Cookster. His best stuff came after the switch. He rocked the Mormonism better than any else has to date. He was hardcore Mormon, yo. Had sex / girl / religion problems and wasn't afraid to open up about it, eg. "Girlfriend wants cock, but am religious. Wat do?"
Yes, he's hardcore. So much so that he's on missionary somewhere in France right now! í‡a va? Comme ci comme í§a. D'accord. I fully expect him to return after his missionary time is up.

GhostTrip's legend has grown since his departure and most veterans aren't sure why (don't worry how I know this). But yeah, wow. No one could have ever guessed GhostTrip would become_THAT_guy? Personally I'm glad someone chose GhostTrip to remember the most. Let's hope it stays this way, remembering Ghost instead of someone like theTank who was a low-tier veteran and never provided much content beyond his name and "the tank score."
But I digress.
GhostTrip's best stories were of his ex-girlfriend turned best friend's wife that he banged or was attempting to bang...was extremely close to banging once...? And some wonder if this is what led this his untimely disappearance from the GR boards!..
Hope not!

There's nothing separating the old school from the new school. A lot of the old stuff was lame, and a lot of it was pure awesome as well.
MattAY said:
Compared to these guys, the current gen of GR is nothing....NOTHING!!!
Air and opportunity, my friend! Today members are busy with work, family, or other social networks. There was no competition for our time back in the day.
But the opportunity is still here! We can relive those glory days! Hopefully 2011 will bring with it a renewed dedication to our quality of posts. Or, screw it, bring on the 4chan rehashes.

No one knows what became of Black_Star, though he did send me his photo through PM. I promised him I'd never post his photo, but, with his disappearance, I see no harm in posting it now...
theoriginalblackstar.jpg

Oh, Black_Star, please come home :crying4:

Dang, wall'o'text history lesson...APPRECIATED!!! It's nice that we have Chris around for times like this.

Value him, he's a GR treasure...nay, a historical landmark.

Teh heh, I didnt mean anything by it. Was just my way of saying I miss those guys.

But you're right! There are new treasures. Some who leave and some who stay and are posting this very day.
They are why I am still here.

Chris, I thought we went through this. I sent you that pic to get you off my back because when I first joined you thought I was Shaft just playing a practical joke on everyone. I thought it was funny sending you that pic, probably because I didn't think you'd still have the picture after 6 years. But I was younger back then and naive. Now I know, you post something on GR and it'll be around FOREVER. Longo is proof of that.

But now for some juicy gossip. I know what happened to GhostTrip, and the revelation is so shocking that you people might not even believe it. Are you ready for this people? Scroll down....

The reason GhostTrip left is because he-

lostendtitle.jpg

LOL, but seriously the guy gets way too much credit. So he made some really cool top 100 lists. So did The Joker before Ghost's time and nobody gives a damn about him. What about Ted Wolff? He was good for a laugh.

People come and people go, it's like that movie with the cartoon lions, whatever it was called. GR has it's own circle of life. People say it's never as good as it was 2 years ago, but 2 years ago people were saying the exact same thing. And 2 years from now when we're all dying in 2012, we'll remember the good old days of 2010 when the world wasn't exploding and Blockbuster still existed.

It's worth mentioning that The Cookster created GR's first Post Your Pictures topic and it went well over 120 pages, all the more impressive considering the old board pages changed at 40 posts and not the 20 it does today. PYP has since become a staple of the boards. weeeeeee

Wow fooled me... Every so many years GR quiets down then things pick up... See ive been gone now im back for 1 minute. Before I leave what happened to Stal ?

EDIT: shit while im here might as well throw sum history in too.. Back in my days on GR the good posters were, Sad, Kaanchtoofan, Bob, Firewall, Neo, Jehuty, Spoon, Duffman, Sounds and way too many other to mention and you knew who liked what consels too, Sad was xbox, Kaanch was PS and Sounds nintendo, the clan wars, the crazies and the sillies. Id say the quality of posters between 2000 thur 2004 was incredible...

King_Arthur said:
Wow fooled me... Every so many years GR quiets down then things pick up... See ive been gone now im back for 1 minute. Before I leave what happened to Stal ?
He de-modded, then a few months later he left.

madster111 said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
It's my fault. Every forum i join ends up dead after a year.
Yeah, but GR only really started dying in '07.
IE, the year after i joined / started posting.

That's right. I killed GR on my own. I made stal leave, i did it all. For all you guys know, i own crave and everything.

Get him?

Meh, I still have a thing for Cammy.

I also have a thing for Chun0Li and Meryl from MGS (seriously, if you dont want to bang Meryl you are gay. THAT should be the gay test)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133