Movie Character showdown The winner announced.

Rekkie7 said:
For example, Spiderman is a very different character in the movies. He's not as funny, or as smart, so I voted againist him where if it had been a comic-book showdown I would of voted for him.

I would like to blame tobey mcguire.

BlackStar said:
it's sad that once again the rich white man takes out the black man who has to steal to get by :cry:

if its any consolation, joker steals to get by too. :)

great job with the showdown ghost. i give it 3 thumbs up! allll right!

Rekkie7 said:
LinksOcarina said:
im pissed.

Yes it was a good performance, but the Joker is technically a comic book character, not a movie character....where as Jules was an original, movie character.

But, good job to the Joker.

I don't think it's fair to class a character on where they come from. Is James Bond not a movie character? Gandalf? Tyler Durden? All these characters came from books. I think it's important that we vote for the movie version, but that doesn't mean an adapted character shouldn't win.

For example, Spiderman is a very different character in the movies. He's not as funny, or as smart, so I voted againist him where if it had been a comic-book showdown I would of voted for him.

In this case I think Heath & Nolan did his own thing with the Joker, this wasn't the Joker from the comic book pages, nor from any of the other adapted materials. It was something brand new, something breathtaking, and derserves to be considered a movie character.

True. I guess I am a stickler for that, because I always see it as these characters, like Bond, Joker, Tyler, etc. as becoming perennial favorites because of their status in Pop Culture.

jc00l said:
Rekkie7 said:

I would like to blame tobey mcguire.

Yeah, in large part. But unless there was lines in there that he refused to read then I blame the script writers.

And before I forget...

GhostTrip said:
Captain Stanley (The Proposition)
captainstanleyqo8.jpg

VS

Jack Torrance (The Shinning)
jacktorranceby6.png

Jack Torrance advances 15-0 (Shut-out!)

JACK TORRANCE ADVANCES

How do you people sleep at night? Seriously? Maybe Captain Stanley's .jpg just didn't load on your computers. Oh god.

Seriously. No one has seen that movie.

Ray Winstone deserved an Oscar. Not to mention Emily Watson.

Darth Vader should have won. He's the ultimate badass. Forget lame teen angst dialogue from Episode 2 and that small bit in Episode 3, he was dark, moody and one of the most powerful beings in the Star Wars universe. He destroyed an entire fucking planet.

Good job on the showdown though Ghost. It was very well done.

Jack Torrance shined his way into winning that matchup, it's the only explanation.

Seriously though, Han Solo is so awesome that I tend to forgive Harrison Ford for any shitty movie he makes now just because he made my brain explode when I was younger like he made Greedo do the same, all freaking over.

Two more Star Wars references and I believe this meets the quota for being archived.

Mentioned a few pages ago, but still the best love line dialogue in movie history.

"I love you"

"I know"

*Frozen*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle