Mitch and boan...

De-Ting

Rookie
Why are there still so many spambots? I thought we figured this out. How are they getting through now, do you think? I don't know how the admin panel works here, but on other forums I know you can set it so new members have to be approved by staff. Seems like a logical solution to me, at this point.

Advise?

I didn't want to be the first one to say anything but there has been quite an infestation going on lately. Might be time to call in an expert...

ARACHNOPHOBIAGoodman.jpg

Yeah i would agree with you but... damn look at thos bling-blings!
Just-Bling-Watch-Lil-Wayne-Rock-Star.png

Don't be jelly of my crunk!

The Admins know more about it. I'm pretty sure they've set up Captchas etc but obviously hasn't worked for all of them.
Believe me, there would be a lot more!

We are addressing it in CO though :). Staff confirmation is a good idea, but seems like a lengthy process for creating an account if you ask me. Asking them to reply to an email might drive REAL people away. The "Oh man - fuck this" effect.

Lien said:
Yeah i would agree with you but... damn look at thos bling-blings!
Just-Bling-Watch-Lil-Wayne-Rock-Star.png

Don't be jelly of my crunk!

I don't know, I get more of this kind of vibe from them than that one:

f_6611.jpg

"eyyyy, wannabuyawatch?"

This is war. And like all fictional wars, only one man can stop this...Stalfros, where are you again?

UrbanMasque said:
Why spam here? Do the forums get THAT much traffic?

This is what absolutely baffles me. That being said, I spent a good 45 mins deleting thing yesterday. So if not for your mods this place would be overrun. We've tried captcha and email confirmation, but the truth is that some of these accounts are rather old sleeper accounts and they also appear to be more than just bots.

Know this your mods are working hard to manage the deleting and notification of the spammers. Your admins are working hard to account and IP ban where capable and there are different steps being taken and looked into in order to rid us of the menace of spam. Dan, himself, is pushing this hard and trying to find solutions.

In the mean time, admit it...every once in a while one of them makes you chuckle.

And at least you're not the one hitting delete, clicking back into the thread and deleting the comment above that, ad nauseum.

Oh, and C_nate...I laughed pretty hard at that. Arachnophobia...what an amazing way to give 8 year--old Brett nightmares and 20 year-old Brett laughter.

Bret, I've always wondered who that was in your sig. It looks like Links.

The GR forum needs a makeover. I'm glad they remade the main page but now the forums need some work. Bring back the black, increase the avatars, etc.

The robots need to be destroyed at its source! Otherwise they'll keep coming.

Wes, that is none other than GR's Anthony Severino. I made the sig for April Fool's Day for an alt account but am keeping it up for awhile as a thanks for the front page makeover.

And Wes,

morpheus-red-or-blue-pill.jpg

If you're truly ready. Come see how far the rabbit hole goes down.

We've all been deleting robot threads and robot posts. And editing robot posts... Well, maybe I'm the only one who edits them.... I'm sure if they were smart enough to understand human emotions they would find it funny.

The higher-ups are working on ways to stop them while us slave-monkeys in Covert Ops are cleaning up all the crap these soul-less robots are leaving behind.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Wes, that is none other than GR's Anthony Severino. I made the sig for April Fool's Day for an alt account but am keeping it up for awhile as a thanks for the front page makeover.
:shock: I thought LinksOcarina was the man that created that sig.
Anime cos-play, It was hard to tell if it wasn't a GR member this time.

UghRochester said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
:shock: I thought LinksOcarina was the man that created that sig.
Anime cos-play, It was hard to tell if it wasn't a GR member this time.
For crying out loud, it's a spoof of the "Thank You Duke" sig Links made, but with Anthony and a cutout of dUKE's hand holding a mug from the original.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod