GR Censoring?

Does anyone know how the "submit a review" works here on GR? Is there a time-limit that each review stays posted, and then are deleted, or do subsequent reviews delete older ones?

I reviewed COD:WaW and didn't give it a great review. Today (after 5 days) I notice that my review, and the other not so flattering review has been deleted, and replaced with kinder reviews of the game (more in line with GR's review).

Is GR censoring reviews, deleting the ones which differ significantly from their point of view? Perhaps there is a legitimate and logical explanation such as reviews are deleted after 5 days. Although GR, running a gaming site, probably doesn't want to alienate developers for various reasons, which makes one think that it is possible that they're censoring reviews... Just food for thought.

I'll see about geting this moved to the GRandmasters forum. You'll most likely get a quicker response from a GR admin there.

Ive never had that happen to me personally, and in a lot of my reviews I differ heavily from the opinions of GR. Look at Guitar Hero: World Tour for an example.

I have never seen them delete a review, unless if it's pure spam, like obscene pictures or something like that.

Behold!, your review!

They're not deleted, the Member Review page only shows the latest reviews made. If yours is not there, then it was bumped off because enough people wrote reviews that there wasn't enough room.

Pfft. Secretly all the GMs love me. Perhaps it was too good to be read by all of you mere mortals.

I don't think we're doing anything to stop anyone's opinion from going up.
I'll check with sir Duke. In the meantime, let me know if you submit something and it doesn't go up.

nope, we don't pre-screen anything, and only delete for very good reason. once the voting system works properly, the community can vote down a review and make it disappear.

Duke_Ferris said:
once the voting system works properly, the community can vote down a review and make it disappear.

Thats an awful Idea. Thats what you guys are for. Your the resident experts. If you remove my review then I know something what wrong with it, if the community votes is down - then I'm left with resentment, anger, and the feeling that theres a forum wide conspiracy against me. Its a lot easier to argue your review with one mod as opposed to an entire community.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod