Mass Effect 3 |OT|

So here's a question: is it worth it to buy the deluxe edition, or not? i'm probably going to be buying the DLC anyways if I don't get it, but is that enough alone to buy it? Or should I just get the DLC separate?

Depends Nick.

I assume its the digital deluxe edition you are talking about?

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3

Basically you get everything the collectors edition gets minus weapon packs. From Ashes also contains a second set of outfits for the squadmate, two-three story missions, a new rifle and of course, a new character.

I think for the extra twenty bucks its a good deal, but it is up to you if you want to spend twenty bucks on two sets of costumes for the squad, a squadmate, five new weapons, a hoodie outfit, and a robot dog.

danielrbischoff said:
Mine Collector's Edition for 360 is shipped! Can't wait to get it and not play it for a week.

Jealous.

I wasn't able to find a CE so I went with the regular one. I really wanted to track down a CE for this one given all that comes with it and it being the final of the series...Or at least of this trilogy. That's what I get for waiting til the last minute.

I feel like EVERY SINGLE BIOWARE RELEASE gets the whole "oh we're totally out of Collector's Editions" so I reserved mine as soon as I thought to. I think I put the order in to Amazon after my local Gamestop said they were all out of preorderable units.

I just downloaded the digital copy on my PC. It's playable, though I didn't actually go into any matches. Just set some stuff up. Realized that I have to go to bed so I can get up for class tomorrow. :(

Well, I'm bailing out of this OT because I won't be able to play the game for some time. I've got my Collector's Edition sitting here on my lap but I won't crack it open until I get back.... and as long as I'm waiting that long I might as well finish the playthrough of ME2 I started. See you guys later in like two months when I bring this thread back to life. Until then, I've edited the OP with a present which you can also see below.

Mass Effect 3
GameRevolution's Review - http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/mass-effect-3
Available on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC

mass-effect-3_002.jpg

ME3-MP2.jpg

Mass Effect 3 is the culmination of everything players have accomplished in the first two games, concluding the arc of Commander Shepard in a bloody war that spreads across the entire galaxy. Bringing multiplayer to the series for the first time, ME3 will feature a whole lotta Reaper killing, a whole lot of alien sexing, and an actual focus on Femshep in the game's marketing.

The latest ME3 News:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/biow ... fect-11489
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/uk-r ... week-11473
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/watc ... iler-11469

I attempted to download this so that i could play it before it's released tomorrow (because separate release dates during the digital distribution era totally makes sense), but because of the sheer number of people attempting the same feat at once it's simply impossible.

I need to finish ME1 and quickly run through ME2 on my current save anyway, so i'll probably be playing this in a couple weeks. Might even pick up a collectors copy if they're cheap enough.

The way they keep selling it on the 360 is "CONTROL THE UNIVERSE WITH YOUR VOICE", like they're the first ones to think of the idea.

Sorry, but I hate the Kinect now for real.

mother fucking boss, back to saving the universe and punching reporters in the face, space justice!

I assume the lack of discussion is a result of everyone spending hours upon hours staring at ashley's newly enhanced tits, err playing the game,

It's not perfect, but I am happy there's weightier decisions being made without a clear good/evil only motivation, again not perfect, but the decisions aren't as black and white as previous games

secondly I want a gun that shoots thresher maws

Yeah I think everyone is probably staying out if this topic to avoid spoilers.

I'm 4 hours in after starting it Tuesday night. Just finished the From Ashes DLC which was actually integrated so perfectly that I didn't realize it was the DLC mission until the achievement popped up.

I didn't play any yesterday and I have training all this weekend, so I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already.

:eek: Played a bit of the multiplayer and gotta say it's pretty fun. Drell gets killed like no ones business tho.
Wasn't too hard to get the Collectors for this game but Resident Evil:OC is proving to be annoying to get.

used44 said:
Yeah I think everyone is probably staying out if this topic to avoid spoilers.

I'm 4 hours in after starting it Tuesday night. Just finished the From Ashes DLC which was actually integrated so perfectly that I didn't realize it was the DLC mission until the achievement popped up.

I didn't play any yesterday and I have training all this weekend, so I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already.

yeah, same thing happened for me.

I'm enjoying the game so far. I do agree with Icepick. A lot of decisions you can make are not clearly good/bad.

I've been staying away from purchasing the game for some spoilerific reasons, so I'll wait and give them when more people are through the game.

I was looking at the default Shep decisions if you didn't import a save file, talk about a shitty ass save game.

Might have to play through 1 and 2 on my 360 so I can get a save file.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex