Forum Moderator
Staff member
Your welcome Used, you lazy
Mass Effect 3
GameRevolution's Review - http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/mass-effect-3
Available on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC

mass-effect-3_002.jpg

ME3-MP2.jpg

Mass Effect 3 is the culmination of everything players have accomplished in the first two games, concluding the arc of Commander Shepard in a bloody war that spreads across the entire galaxy. Bringing multiplayer to the series for the first time, ME3 will feature a whole lotta Reaper killing, a whole lot of alien sexing, and an actual focus on Femshep in the game's marketing.

The latest ME3 News:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/biow ... fect-11489
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/uk-r ... week-11473
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/watc ... iler-11469

Original Post
I set it to download this morning but I didn't have time to try it before work. And with today being Valentines Day, I'm not sure if I'll play it until tomorrow.

That said, I'm excited to try the multiplayer co-op more than the single player demo because I'm wary about spoilers. I might just wait for the actual release on March 6 (day after my birthday - Subtle Birthday Drop) before I see how the game starts. I just want to see how the new combat has been improved.

My Xbox Gamertag is AKMitchell for anybody wanting to team up.

Used, if you're feeling ambitious, you can turn this into a full blow ME3 OT when you're ready. If not, I'll probably post one in the week leading up to release.

Played a bunch of the demo today. The multiplayer is fun, rounds like about 20 minutes. Using powers together is fun but good luck finding anyone else who'll coordinate over the mic when joining random matches.

The single-player demo was cool too. There are some touches that definitely bring back the Mass Effect 1 feel, like the powers wheel is much more stocked up than previously and not every power starts reloading after you use one so that's good news.

Feels like I'm using Liara as a caster, Garrus as a tech, and me as a tank again so I'm happy. The movement has been "streamlined" but let's face it, Mass Effect's movement has always been kind of shitty.

There were no spoilers for me, but that's because I had already seen the entire thing at E3 and I was forced to watch it like in Clockwork Orange and EA tortured me with spoilers, but nah it's not really spoilerific. The first part is the opening of the game. Honestly, just play the multiplayer and maintain your media blackout. Your experience on the 6th will be all the better for it.

Haha. I threw the |OT| up there just to piss off people who actually take the time to make good official threads.

Just got finished playing the single player portion of the demo and about 2 hours of the multiplayer. The single player doesn't really spoil anything if you have familiarity with the storyline. The missions you're a part of are just snippets from things you probably expected to do in the first place (gather and unite allies, run from huge robots, etc..). There are more powers to play with than in ME2 and the leveling tree actually branches out leaving more options for varying play styles. There have also been minor aesthetic changes to the menu and HUD.

While the single player was more standard fare I was pleasantly surprised by the multiplayer. While the movement is kind of shitty, as previously mentioned, I had a blast zipping around levels as a vanguard dropping waves of Cerberus troops. I got matched up with several people all of whom were silent and awful at the game so I spent the majority of my time going solo, although the gameplay seems to lend itself well to co-op. Used I won't be playing the demo tonight (getting the last achievements for ME2) but tomorrow I would definitely be game to team up. My tag is sapper700.

finally got my hands on the multiplayer.

Let's save the galaxy folks, my sniper rifle is itching for some kills.

Xbox Gamertag is LinksOcarina86.

Played this on my 360 just now.

I'm now determined not to buy it on the 360 for one thing (30FPS is only good if the textures aren't 256x256), but the actual game itself isn't bad.

The weapon mods that you can pick up in RPG mode make me very happy because hopefully we'll get some customization this time.

Controls are a little clunky but functional, and the story will obviously be decent.

Overall, i might skip this one on release and pick it up for the PC when the price is dropped down a bit.

Why is everyone playing this just running into badguys and dying. Don't yell at me to revive you if you ran into a hallway full of eight dudes!

Bretimus_v2 said:
Why is everyone playing this just running into badguys and dying. Don't yell at me to revive you if you ran into a hallway full of eight dudes!

They must think they can play it like CoD.

Im so glad you can't.

So far the only matches I have won was due to teamwork. Seriously lets get on there and go for gold guys!

I'd like to try out the demo but, A) I would be on PC, and I'm guessing none of you are, and B) my tiny ass hard drive is as close to full as I really want to let it get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod