Let's post some pictures! (Of yourself or..Whatever else.)

Optimus-Crime said:
Keep the drawings coming. Are all of your drawings originals? Hoping for some Spider-Man inspired stuff. What about your shirt company? Because I'm down to buy.

Thanks man, I appreciate that!

Most of the drawings I do are original. As sad as it sounds, I come up with ideas for stories and stuff in my head but they're never "fleshed out" stories, it's always just concepts and ideas and I like to draw the characters I think would be suitable. That being said, sometimes concepts can take a long time to get right, especially for me and that's what's important, I personally need to be happy with 'em.

I love Spider-Man so I might try and sketch him sometime, might give it a go. He's always been tricky to draw, actually, despite sounding easy.

My shirt stuff is available at my RedBubble account. Unfortunately I haven't done any more work on it, because I've been busy doing some freelance work for a local client (doing drawing/animation work).

Either way... my RedBubble stuff can be found here - http://www.redbubble.com/people/cr33g

WickedLiquid said:
Green_Lantern said:
Texas thing.

Do they shoot the cow in front of you before they cook it?

No, you open carry your long rifle to the place and pick out and shoot your own cow. Kinda like picking your own lobster from the tank.

A random character portrait I drew today while waiting for video to export at work.

10456273_10152328206304143_4352903622726503414_n.jpg

It is a generic portrait and not that great of a drawing, but I like it... it gives me something to build and work from. This is expanding and changing my 'archer' character concept I have. Previously in my head, I thought of the archer as a white, blonde guy but then I felt it was a bit generic for a "gentleman" kinda guy. I also felt it was too similar to Balthier from Final Fantasy XII. Then I became inspired... by the Old Spice commercial guy.

I wanted this guy to look a little flamboyant (hence the hair style, which is actually based off a hair style a friend of mine has), to try and make him look "smooth" and stylish. I want him to look like a real ladies man who is the kind of guy to say "Hello ladies" or something. The overall portrait is inspired by a few things - Legolas from Lord of the Rings, Balthier from Final Fantasy XII, Jacob Taylor from the Mass Effect series, the "Old Spice guy" and then my super smooth with the ladies stylish friend of mine.

I need to get back into this shizzle!

bustercolour2-1.jpg

Meet Buster Reynolds! One of the main characters in a manga story I'm writing. He's a bass playing hypnotist....yup!

BusterAceSkyeCOLOUR.jpg

Yet to colour this one, but there are 2 more main characters in this one.

SherryRoughwork.jpg

And this chick is a rough sketch of one of the main antagonists!

Nice drawings, MattAY. I like your style. It looks like a very unique cross between anime/manga and western comics. I don't know if that's what you're going for, but that's what it looks like to me.

The last drawing is quite nice too, especially the hand and the perspective of the revolver. My only critique with this one would be the girl's neck, I don't know if you did it on purpose but it looks a bit thick, which to me makes me think the character looks quite masculine (I thought the character as a male at first). If that's the look you're going for - then no worries, forgive my ignorance, but if you're looking to make her look more feminine I would suggest making the neck a little thinner.

If you don't mind me asking... what is this manga that you're writing about? Can you give us an outline of what you're creating? If you'd rather not say, that's all good man.

I have a lot of ideas for comics of my own but I'm just too lazy to try and really flesh 'em out.

Haha nah it's not what I was going for. I was aiming for a punk-ish girl, hence the strange hairstyle. I've never been good at getting the correct "biology" of a person when drawing them. It's one of the things I've been working on.

I don't really have a 'style'. They're MEANT to be manga drawings. The cel-shaded effect in the first is something I'm actually trying to veer away from. But practise is practise. And I don't think any artist will be first to admit they've drawn the PERFECT drawing. Good thing about our hobby is that we can always find something to work on.

My story is mainly about standard battle manga. But instead of having the best "ninja"...or best "wizard....best "swordsman" etc, I'd like the thought of the characters being the best at more conventional things. So for instance, there's a character who aspires to be a great reporter. And her "battle" capability is that she's an incredibly fast-learner, much like when she would have to do an emergency article on, say, horse-riding so she'd have to learn to ride a horse in 5 minutes to project a great story...shit like that! And her weakness would be that there is always a 5 minute "analytical" period where she basically cant do anything! I want to use these normal, everyday jobs in use at battle. Instead of having ridiculous, over-powered attacks behond belief - which is what a lot of the manga out there have. That's the PREMISE of the story. I have a lot more details within.

But I'm a lot like you, all I've done is jotted down notes in PC notepad. There's nothing majorly substantial in there haha!

Haha, Lethean - top notch.

Howie - I feel I'm a victim of a Maccy D's toilet rape right now :S

UrbanMasque said:
Lethean - whats in the glass? I'm guessing you're a Jack Daniels man

At the time that was Maker's Mark. Never been a JD fan. I understand the appeal but I just never could get into the taste of it.

577878_4087130460229_950375869_n.jpg

One of the more awkward photos I've taken in recent years. This was taken about three hours before I drunkenly asked my future fiancee out by text, the only way I could build up the courage after apparently being so nervous I kind of just...held part of her forearm...

^Is that a scarf dangling carelessly out of your jacket? Also, she's wearing a risque shirt that appears to have drunken dribble all over it.

Basically, you two look great together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coin Master