game most deserving of a sequel (but not going to get one)

Zork: Grand Inquisitor

It was to be the first in a set of three Zork games called the Magic Trilogy, but since the Adventure genre was pretty much starting to die at the time of the game's release, the game didn't sell very well, and the other two games were never made.

However, I sadly admit that if they ever were to make the sequels now, they would very likely not have the same feel, and possibly not even the same actors (or just not as good of a job in the acting even if it is all the original actors). And once again the game wouldn't sell very well because the point-and-click Adventure genre is practically dead. Though I do admit that there is some hope, considering the new Sam and Max episodic games have been quite successful, and the upcoming Strong Bad episodes made on the same engine look quite promising.

If those games can do good, then what if Activision notices, and decides to revive Zork? Sure, it's not exactly the same kind of Adventure game, since Zork took the Myst route in going first-person (and made fun of it), but I still think the game could work. Zork is one of the most influential series in gaming history. The Adventure genre wouldn't have even been what it was had it not been for the Zork series. Many cherished classics like Myst and others might not even exist without the inspiration of some of the first games to put you in the shoes of an Ageless Faceless Gender-Neutral Cultrally Ambiguous Adventure Person.

so tl;dr, Activision needs to revive Zork, for great justice! For fun puzzles and humor! For standing in an open field west of a white house!

Kakulukia said:
Psychonauts, Psi-Ops, Legacy of Kain, Max Payne...

For legacy of kain it would be cool to have a prequel from the time When Kain ruled Nosgoth and had Raziel and the others under his command

Squiggy said:
Zork: Grand Inquisitor

It was to be the first in a set of three Zork games called the Magic Trilogy, but since the Adventure genre was pretty much starting to die at the time of the game's release, the game didn't sell very well, and the other two games were never made.

However, I sadly admit that if they ever were to make the sequels now, they would very likely not have the same feel, and possibly not even the same actors (or just not as good of a job in the acting even if it is all the original actors). And once again the game wouldn't sell very well because the point-and-click Adventure genre is practically dead. Though I do admit that there is some hope, considering the new Sam and Max episodic games have been quite successful, and the upcoming Strong Bad episodes made on the same engine look quite promising.

If those games can do good, then what if Activision notices, and decides to revive Zork? Sure, it's not exactly the same kind of Adventure game, since Zork took the Myst route in going first-person (and made fun of it), but I still think the game could work. Zork is one of the most influential series in gaming history. The Adventure genre wouldn't have even been what it was had it not been for the Zork series. Many cherished classics like Myst and others might not even exist without the inspiration of some of the first games to put you in the shoes of an Ageless Faceless Gender-Neutral Cultrally Ambiguous Adventure Person.

so tl;dr, Activision needs to revive Zork, for great justice! For fun puzzles and humor! For standing in an open field west of a white house!

thanks for mentioning this game i love point and clickers and im gonna check this one out.

Yokiro said:
I like how on the Kid Chameleon cover the samurai armor version of himself is weilding a clearly western, medieval/fantasy style sword rather than even a katana, and a hockey mask with a stone hatchet and grass cape thingy. Odd job.)

Well, I'm sure there weren't as many Japanese culture obsessed fanboys back then as there are now :p. And if there were, they probably weren't the "Kid Chameleon" type ;).

I'd like to see a North American release of the Sword of The Berserk sequel. That would be pretty kick ass. One of my all time favourites.

I'd love a Max Payne 3 but that won't be happening.

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross need the third part of their trilogy. A game named Chrono Break was announced years ago, and it ended up being a dumb rumor. All the developers of those two games ended up leaving Square Enix, so they can't really make a good sequel right now. I guess I'll have to wait... for eternity?

Astaroth001 said:
-
-Vector Man
-Rise Of the Kasai (sequel to "The Mark of Kri")
-Shadow Of The Colossus (I heard a rumor of team working on a new game in the same universe)

vector man had sequel on hte way for the ps2/xbox but when fans saw it they flipped and it got canned,
as for a sequel to rise of kasai that game sucked sooooo hard compared to mark of kri, so we need a true sequel to mark of kri, one that isnt a shitty hack and slash that is

Conker's Bad Fur Day
there was only a port and I want a true sequel.

Perfect Dark
there was a prequel that was so bad nobody talks about it. I want a sequel we can be proud of!

Ive said it once, ill say it again, MECHASSAULT. and mech commander, but i just cant get into that very well. And yes i know theres lone wolf, i have the collecters edition.

C&C Renegade. Such a fun online game, and now its gone. It still has people playing it though. A sequel would be nice.

Gun, I need more western adventures. Red Dead Revolver could be nice too. Diggers also deserves at least one more.

lol Kid Chameleon was ass. Sure, the hat helmet idea was cool, but the level design? pfff

It's no wonder why Nintendo dominated Sega.

I'd love to see a BlackThorne sequel. Will it ever, ever, ever happen? nah.

My cousin would flip if they made a sequel to Legend of Dragoon

Me though, anyone remember Power Stone (yes and its sequel) for the Dreamcast? OH PLEASE MAKE A NEW ONE FOR CURRENT SYSTEMS.... That was probably my favorite fighting game ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle