Your artistic endeavours

Love this topic.

MattAY's art getting better and better, Yorky and Lentium's photography, lots of good poetry.

used44 said:
Love this topic.

MattAY's art getting better and better, Yorky and Lentium's photography, lots of good poetry.

Woah. Necroing this shit. But that's ok I guess. If you guys want, I could post some of the music I've written for school. A word of warning though, it's all art music (except for one movie trailer), so don't expect the hip beats of some of our other members.

NickKmet said:
P1010994.jpg

More of this.

Sure, I'll bite :)

AceLift.jpg

summergirl_2_by_mattyjbarney-d3j4woi.jpg

maximusfry_by_mattyjbarney-d3jtsj0.jpg

SkyeColour.jpg

As you can tell, I dont give a fuck about backgrounds ;)

Post your shizzle people.

I'm writing a novel for Author A. Levine books. But I'm not allowed to give anything away until it's finished. That being said, ever GRer gets a copy signed by me if it's successful.

I need to get back into my drawings again. I was trying to improve myself for a while there and I had to take a break to work on my crocheting. All I've done recently was a drawing of two characters from Nichijou. Maybe I'll post that up later if anyone's interested.

tigerlily521985 said:
I need to get back into my drawings again. I was trying to improve myself for a while there and I had to take a break to work on my crocheting. All I've done recently was a drawing of two characters from Nichijou. Maybe I'll post that up later if anyone's interested.

You know Nicki I've seen your crocheting stuff on Facebook, you're very talented! You should start up a little corner shop in Ireland. I can certainly picture you as an Irish filly selling your stuff to lovely old ladies...do it!

MattAY said:
tigerlily521985 said:

You know Nicki I've seen your crocheting stuff on Facebook, you're very talented! You should start up a little corner shop in Ireland. I can certainly picture you as an Irish filly selling your stuff to lovely old ladies...do it!

Haha. I actually am selling my stuff. I've been making all sorts of things for loads of people lately, which is why I've been so busy with it. And the majority of my current customers seem to be little old ladies too. Haha.

Once I'm done with these current orders I'm working on I'm planning on making some cool dolls. When they're done I might show 'em off here.

Didn't really know this existed. I write some spontaneous poetry... Not sure if formatting will work out very well here, but maybe I'll give this a shot, try a few. Very shy about introducing this kind of stuffs to new people.
-----
Between spaces in balance; filling in the impression
Making tangible that which I cannot express
for fear of loss.
A strength comes in conceding— in acknowledging, in realizing
There is always a fragility.
There is never enough space to accommodate,
and I am always trying.
It's yearning for a touch
searching for a response
waiting, for a name.

---

In quieter moments, restless
in my dreams, I pretend.
I see spectres, I see wraiths,
demons, spirits, unknowns,
and all of them are You.
I swim in their breath and am barely moved —
Only to desire.
So I am reminded
that this is my dream, that I can
change and create.
And so I build.
I build upon you, all of you,
and do not stop until I am forced to wake and
dragged back clinging to the smallest piece
willing it to be strong enough, fierce enough,
to grow and become something that I don't know, can't control —
isn't mine.
But you are mine, in wake or sleep, and you are my project; I can't do anything to give you up.
This is my dedication, and these are my memories.
(You are inescapable.)

---

Hanging.
My gentle sway is with the cold rush
of air conditioning, not very aerodynamic — my posture —
fake.
Twitches not my own.
Bones.
Muscles,
Skin
scoring, splitting,
wearing away for string,
just wanting to tie.

---

~Defiance~

Sheltered kind, truncated thought transplanted
or shuffled up/down to avoid the slightest
sliver. Break ? Hiding a thin laced necklace
renders every strand unbalanced. Thought to
take advantage of leaks in the stream —
thought to look across the shaded area —
a little wandered breeze, taken to colour.
Shedded skins passed along, the whole time
shaping tracing motion not quite there. #

DefiancePicture.jpg

-----
Neh, I can't get indentation to happen. Oh well. Also, I know that it's a bit difficult to read poetry all in a sequence if it's not meant to be. I didn't want to go for one poem per post, though. :p

There are recurring themes in my work... I think I'm trying to approach the same interesting concepts in different ways, and just trying to get it right.

It's a cool read Sightless! It made my imagination run, and made me wonder about the hidden meanings. I was thinking quite deep there.

I'll be honest, I dont read a lot of poetry (shocking I know). And I dont REALLY have a deep thought process unless it's cartoon, game and/or naked asian related. So take that as an achievement!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo