X Box Live or PS3 Online Network

EliaSoZ

Rookie
Which is better, and why? Please try to be objective and give me legitimate reasons and answers. Thanks.

xbox live, ps3 online may be free, but you have to constantly update your system to play online. and the updates take some time. its kinda annoying, not too much to play either.

Both are good, but I gotta go with Live for one simple reason. You can communicate with your buddies while playing. That is really the only significant difference between the two.

What do you mean? Like through how you could get the menu thing by pressing the X Box button and get to your friends through there?

Or communicate with them via headsets? Because I believe the PS3 already has that.

EliaSoZ said:
Like through how you could get the menu thing by pressing the X Box button and get to your friends through there?
Like that. They need to have that.
One thing I noticed is that PSN is a little faster than Live.

Here's how I see it, you have to pay for Xbox Live while PSN is free but Xbox Live is supposed to be funner because of the Achievments thing while I'm pretty sure PSN doesn't have anything like that. Also, there's all the stuff everyone else has said so far including that you can talk to your friends on Live and that there are too many updates on PSN so I say Xbox Live.

You shouldn't really say that the updates are a bad thing. They happen about once every month and a half, they take 10 minutes and are usually really good, such as adding themes or making PS2 games look better.
And achievements are cool, but they need to serve more of a purpose. Take skill points, for example. You do the thing to get the points, and if you get enough then you get special videos or commentary. It should be the same for achievements. But then, what makes it worse, is that so many people are playing terrible games just for the achievements. But what Sony will do is when Home comes out, they will release a trophy system that will give you trophy's to display in your Home.

The PS Network is still young yet and it's already achieved a hell of a lot in a short space of time, but I doubt it will ever be as good as Xbox Live. The thing is, both MS and Sony are constantly updating their networks, so for Sony to catch up, they'd need to really push their service onward and upward.

Really though, both networks are fantastic and aren't going anywhere soon.

Althought you gotta pay for Live, its only like $50 a year, and the features are better. Also the latency is less for Xbox Live, I think due to the fact that they make revenue on there Live System so they have better quality control.

Before the 360 I had both ps online and XBL. Personally I see why PS online was free. It didn't have the set up like XBL and the constant updates did hurt on the memory cards. XBL although you pay for it, it's very good. This little battle is a perfect example of how free things aren't as good as things you pay for (yes I know it isn't true all the time) But with PS3 Sony can show a online service can be free and have quality like the kind you pay for.

I think we should add Wii's online into the ring. :wink: Nah, I'm just kidding, it's free but its too laggy and there's not enough games that use it yet.

Boringman54 said:
I think we should add Wii's online into the ring. :wink: Nah, I'm just kidding, it's free but its too laggy and there's not enough games that use it yet.
Or maybe because of friend codes.

The thing is, is that more people are playing XBL. It's considered as the best online source for gaming. While PSN is free, I think I heard somewhere that it doesn't have a marketplace that XBL does.

I can't say which is better though. Other than more people play XBL.

StreetFighterRyu said:
While PSN is free, I think I heard somewhere that it doesn't have a marketplace that XBL does.
Yes, it does. They call it the store. It updates every Thursday on what is called "PSN Store Thursday"

I think both are good. PSN is pretty cool from what i've seen, but it's much easier to get going with XBL right out the box and is much easier to get connected with friends and whatnot. so far, i have a bunch of friends on it, that I normally play with whenever i get on. it's pretty cool.

but i still want a ps3 to play those really good games for it online...... when they come out eventually.

Boringman54 said:

From what I heard, so is the PS3. But not that laggy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle