Will E-sports catch on?

E-sports: dumb fad or breakout new sport?

• It will never become serious

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E-sports are the way of the future. SC FTW

• i pitty humanity

• Total voters
Ok Stal, well you're gonna have to help me out here. Looking at your last two posts. You make statements like "E-Sports will never catch on until it is able to make 'REAL cash'"

You also mention your bet that E-sports won't catch-on.

In the second post you clarify for us the difference between a game competition and 'E-Sports taking over' after which you tell us that it will never rival the NBA, NFL, etc and that dream is foolish.

I mean I could be wrong, but I really can't see any reason giving to back up your many statements that it is a ridiculous, laughable, nonsense etc idea

P.S. Your statement that it won't become popular because it can't make real money yet IS laughable BECAUSE gaming/leagues/competitions so on already does make a big big big pile of REAL money.

Demo. Quit being a child. Seriously. Do you know how much revenue a single NFL game makes? Ad revenue alone for a single Sunday game is around $3 million dollars.

If a video gaming competition could bank $3 million dollars in advertising revenue alone we would be crowding around the TV on Monday Nights watching a Street Fighter tourny and not the Texans at the Ravens. (Trust me, I'd much rather watch a street fighter tourny...)

Sorry chum. That's the breaks in business.

Tell me if this conversation makes sense.

Guy 1:"hey man,I'm training for the school track team I jog 10miles each day when i can".
Guy 2:"pfft that's nothing,I'm on a gaming team, I play at least 12 hours of CoD5 everday to practice".
Guy 1:"damn dude, I wish I had your ambition"
Guy 2" dedication dude, that's all it takes."

If a video gaming competition could bank $3 million dollars in advertising revenue alone we would be crowding around the TV on Monday Nights watching a Street Fighter tourny and not the Texans at the Ravens. (Trust me, I'd much rather watch a street fighter tourny...)

Sorry chum. That's the breaks in business.

To say it couldn't compete with major sports leagues in the present is obvious, to say it isn't a financially viable and quite possibly successful market is missing the point.

E-sports will briefly attain mainstream success in 2009, but will be all-but-forgotten after the world is swept up by the Gaylympics.

Maybe take the time to read my posts before you say things Stal. I said in Korea/China it could well "take over" in the next few years, and that in the US, it could be a long long while before it takes over, but my bet is that it will eventually happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle