Why must we always kill?

FrozenBacon

Veteran
I'm tired of playing games where I have to kill things. Give me the name of games where killing isn't the main objective, racing games excluded. Old, new, it doesn't matter. I just want to play something where the player isn't expected to kill.

I wish the majority of games were like real life where if you had to kill someone, you'd typically only kill who you needed. Games would sure as hell be a lot more deeper and sophisticated.

Assassin's Cre, oh wait... shit.

Viva Pinata? Come to think of it there really aren't many games where you don't kill something. I suppose The Sims, I mean you can kill but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Sport Games, while not involving killing, do involve some kind of maiming, such as heavy tackles in Rugby 06 or Super Punchout.

There is too much violence in video games. I'm going to create a game where you run a hospital that saves all the people injured in other games.
"Hey, what are you playing?"
"Super Busy Hospital. I am performing surgery on a man who got shot in the head 32 times."

Portal. It's one of the best games I've played in years by far. Though you do kinda shoot things...

Longo_2_guns said:
There is too much violence in video games. I'm going to create a game where you run a hospital that saves all the people injured in other games.
"Super Busy Hospital. I am performing surgery on a man who got shot in the head 32 times."

Theme Hospital. If only Bullfrog were still around to make another and also finish Dungeon Keeper 3.

You forget the part where all those people, buildings, godzillas and whatever else, get killed when turned into a star.

Tetris.

Animal Crossing, sports games, Nintendogs, Picross DS, Mario Tennis, Harvest Moon series, Curse of Monkey Island

JCD said:
Portal. It's one of the best games I've played in years by far. Though you do kinda shoot things...

Yeah, I loved portal. I wish they made it easier to make maps, though. That games begs for an in-game map editor. Even though I know how to use hammer, I do not feel like screwing around with it to just make a quick map. That game begs for an in-game editor.

HK-47 said:
Animal Crossing, sports games, Nintendogs, Picross DS, Mario Tennis, Harvest Moon series, Curse of Monkey Island

Oh man, Harvest Moon owned my pants off and started owning me even more... in my ass. First time I heard of the game I thought it was going to be very lame just because it was a farming simulator but I am glad I tried it out and was proven wrong. I think I'll go aquire the N64 game through perfectly legal means.

I guess that is why many publishers approve of non-violent video games, if it is too different from the norm people would be reluctant to play.

Also, I don't have a Wii but after looking at some videos of trauma center on gametrailers, I might get myself one as a Christmas gift. Seems like it might be an interesting game.

try 'a tale in the desert' only problem is the cost, I think it's about 10$ a month, might be higher.

i played in the beta, and it does actually get fun once you get past the GRINDING in the beginning. it's basically a non-competitive mmorpg, people are almost forced to work with each other (and even new players). If you liked harvest moon I think you'll like atitd

Longo_2_guns said:

Sweet DM quote. ;)

Frozen, I suggest growing a pair.

Longo_2_guns said:
There is Hospital Tycoon.

used44 said:
Longo_2_guns said:

Sweet DM quote. ;)

Frozen, I suggest growing a pair.

lol, I am far from being a hippie. I'm just tired of playing games where all you do is kill. I want other parts of my brain to be stimulated.

StalfrosCC said:
Frozen- Have you played Pikmin or Pikmin 2? give those a shot!

I haven't played any nintendo games since the N64. Once I get my Wii, that'll be fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod