Which gaming platform do you prefer to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a game thats available on PC, 360, PS3 and Wii, which platform would prefer to use to review the game?

Would you stick to your roots and go with PC or would you go for the 360 that will take over the world, or go with the PS3 because its feelin blu or would you go with the Wii because of the asians?

It really depends what kind of game it is. If it's a shooter, I'll go pc, if it's sports or rpg/action I'll go with the 360. The wii will get the call if they do something special with the wiimote.

not pandering to your selected avatar, i do honestly say i always play the 360 version, given the option.

just tends to be easier all around, i like the controller better, i like being able to replace the soundtrack by browsing to my computer, xbox live is easy, and at least so far, the graphics tend to run smoother than the ps3.

that said, i just spent the last 2 hrs playing uncharted.

d

Duke_Ferris said:
just tends to be easier all around, i like the controller better, i like being able to replace the soundtrack by browsing to my computer, xbox live is easy, and at least so far, the graphics tend to run smoother than the ps3.

Silly question: Would you expect that this situation would gradually reverse as the PS3 technology is more understood? Apparently rumor goes that Burnout Paradise is the first game that runs better on the PS3...

Or would it perhaps be that the X360 will become this generation's "standard" platform a multiplatform developer will work with first and foremost since it's a) much easier to program game for than the PS3 and b) doesn't have the Wii controller to deal with?

i don't see the trend reversing for most games, for many of the reasons you cited. they will get better at ps3 programming, but they'll get beter at 360 programming too.

also, i just installed the divx update on both machines. however, being able to browse wirelessly to my computer and stream any movie in the my videos folder onto the hdtv in surround sound is seriously the most kickass feature ever included on a game console. winner: 360.

Duke_Ferris said:
i don't see the trend reversing for most games, for many of the reasons you cited. they will get better at ps3 programming, but they'll get better at 360 programming too.
I only gave two reasons, which are hardly many. ;)

But while I don't retract my previous arguments - nor the one you followed up with - I believe for the future,Microsoft will have to make one necessary change in order to stay ahead of the PS3: Their current insistance that games must be playable without a hard disc. As games will keep pushing the envelope of what the machine can do, not being able to utilise what is a necessity in a console like the X360 is, to put it mildly, not the optimum move. Elevators in Mass Effect, anyone?

It's strange, really. I find the 360 rather intriguing, but since the original Xbox had two selling points (hard disc and an actual online product), I also find it mystifying that they even bother releasing versions without those. Especially the hard disc.

The problem is technology is outpacing the usage of it. Blu-Ray may be the big thing in a year or two, but the Holographic disk drives that are near pretty much near completion are also more than likely going to replace everything else now, and the same goes for whatever is coming after it.

Soon hard drives will not be necessary, because the disk has so much space on it, it can pretty much fit anything you put on it, from saved games to cheat codes to downloads. Even the machines will gain more hard drives, I guarentee Nintendo is trying to find a way to get more space on their Wii's, probably a download that acts as a storage space or something, because games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Trauma Center, and even the Virtual Console games would benefit greatly from downloaded content.

Try to run a divX movie on your 360 while hooked up to Live, it'll prompt you to update.

Yes that's right, I am now dUKE, bring all your alcohol to me.

Sam

How can people justify preferring a platform because it's the only one they have? Personally I only have a 360 but that's because it's the one I prefer, not the other way around and before I got my original Xbox I had a PS2 but preferred the Xbox closer to when I bought one.

Sam

maca: Heck, I'm just confused that people are responding to a question that seems rather clearly to be directed to the actual GR reviewers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod