Weirdest Winter Ever

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by WickedLiquid, Feb 14, 2012.

1. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Anyone else experiencing a drastic change in temperature this winter? It's going from freezing cold, to mild, to freezing, to mild again. We were hit with a snow storm last weekend and today it was raining. :shock: Normally it's cold until friggin April up here and our snow sticks around until late March. But so far there's been hardly any snow and when it does come, it melts away quickly due to the change in temperature.

Al Gore warned us.

2. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Same here, we didn't really get snow until January and it's been wet snow. Utah is known for its dry snow. Weird winter.

3. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

[​IMG]

Crazy weather indeed. I'm wearing shorts one day, scraping ice off my car the next day, and today I enjoyed warmer temps while I mowed and grilled steaks. Rain is forecast for tomorrow.

4. madster111

madster111 Rookie

It's a beautiful summer down here in Australia.

We've had storms for the past week, so when it rains the temperatures down a nice 20-25 degrees.
    And then the rain stops for, say, 8 hours and it hits 35 degrees before the rain comes back.

5. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Utah's had weird seasons as long as I've been here. It snowed like 6 inches in May last year.

6. Gunner37

Gunner37 Rookie

Here in Iowa where i live we have days that have gone into the 60's and like one or two days in the 70's and a total of like 7 inches of snow all winter so its been an awesome winter, very very strange but awesome.

7. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

A few weeks ago I was sunbathing. In the Bay Area. So, yeah.

8. danielrbischoff

California's been pretty warm and dry. Honestly I hate it. At least it should rain this time of year.

9. Lien

Lien Rookie

You been out there recently? it's starting to freeze again....

10. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, it was cold today. And it rained a lot yesterday. So, yeah.

11. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

In PA, it's just cold...for now. The western side got up in the 50's in January. It's supposed to rain on Thursday with a high of 44

12. StickyGreenGamer

I live in a place that subscribes to the theory that there are only 2 seasons, not 4.

From October to April, it is usually cold, unnecessarily windy, and just unpleasant. From May to September, it is ungodly hot, unnecessarily windy, and just unpleasant.

If I had to sum up the place I lived, and how the weather is, I'd say: It is either cold or hot, unnecessarily windy, and just unpleasant.

Seriously...is Spring nice? I haven't seen an actual one since 1997.

13. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

We had a flurry of snow just last week. Nothing that knocked us off our feet though. But it was -13C one night last week - insane!

Today it is 6C.

14. Affen

Affen Rookie

Few past weeks have been cold hitting the -30 celsius mark, but now it's back to the usual -10-20. Still too much snow coming in. Only positive thing about it is that it brings some exercise cleaning it up. So a pretty usual winter here.

15. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

Paradox is spot on. The temp wouldn't get past 39 degrees two days ago. Today we're gonna have a high around 78. Didn't get much of a winter in Texas this year, except for those few days in the 30s.

16. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Everything is melting here, which is awesome, except for the crazy dangerous slushy roads. Hopefully it all just melts away and we get an early spring.

17. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

In saint louis there is always one week out of the year where there is a 30-50 degree temp change in 4 days. It was 28 on saturday, snow on monday, 50 on tuesday, and rain today.

Every year. maybe global warming will bring some normal fuck weather.

18. Daddio

Daddio Regular

up in manitoba canada we have had one of the mildest winters in history. a lot of records have been broken for high temps. a couple weeks ago we had horrible fog due to warm temps, melting snow and absolutely no wind. got so bad they shut down some schools in the country.

i remember when i was a kid it used to be -30, -40c weather the entire winter. now its between 0 and -10 most of the time with the occasional -40. it's insane how much has changed in the last 10 years.

19. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

yea all of canada has had a pretty warm winters... this last week has probably been the coldest stretch all winter but its up to +5 today. -10 - 15 for a few days though. others than that we have barely had two consistent cold days in a row all winter.

it sucks cause when you have dogs and it's constantly freezing and thawing they get all muddy and it makes dealing with them a huge pain. normally it's only an issue in early spring when everything is all muddy.but it's been all winter

20. Daddio

Daddio Regular

[quote="intoTheRain]it sucks cause when you have dogs and it's constantly freezing and thawing they get all muddy and it makes dealing with them a huge pain. normally it's only an issue in early spring when everything is all muddy.but it's been all winter[/quote]

my husky is shedding like nuts because she has to come inside before it thaws out too much, cold then warm, warm then cold. her body doesnt know what to do rofl.