Weirdest video games

Wes

Rookie
I need some help writing a paper on bizarre games (I went back to school) and while Google is fantastic and way faster I thought it would be more fun if I just asked you all to share some of the weirdest games you know of.

That Pac-Man game where you don't actually control Pac-Man, you just try telling him what to do, to which is response is almost always "DUUUUUUUUUUUUH?"

Watched Festy play a little bit Baroque before along with Sightless and MattAY. My god, that's a bizarre game.

Longo_2_guns said:
LSD: Dream Simulator

I remembered that! Man that was a trippy game.

There's also Nikujin where you play as a ninja... a NAKED ninja.

http://www.tigsource.com/2007/06/11/nikujin/

You know, now that I think about it. Isn't Persona 3 a little bit weird? I know it's one of the best JRPGs on the PS2 but try to explain the premise of the game to a non-gamer and see what kind of reaction you'll get.

cyberjim2000 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
LSD: Dream Simulator

I remembered that! Man that was a trippy game.

There's also Nikujin where you play as a ninja... a NAKED ninja.

http://www.tigsource.com/2007/06/11/nikujin/

You know, now that I think about it. Isn't Persona 3 a little bit weird? I know it's one of the best JRPGs on the PS2 but try to explain the premise of the game to a non-gamer and see what kind of reaction you'll get.
Yeah and Persona 3 has the shoot-yourself-in-the-head-to-make-monsters-come-out factor. It's definitely weirder than P4.

Every SMT game is pretty weird.

In Digital Devil Saga, you eat demons to gain their powers, Kirby style.

In fact, Kirby is pretty weird too.

No More Heroes is a weird game for sure. Super otaku nerd buys beam katana off an online auction to become an assassin? Yup.

People may disagree with me here, but I always felt the Metal Gear Solid games were kind of weird. Especially Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I mean most of it was "realistic" in terms of setting and stuff, but look at the villains. Volgin can somehow manipulate and shoot electricity, the Pain CONTROLS BEES... And this kind of stuff is never really explained.

"Snake, he can control hornets and fire them at you like bullets!"
"Okay, I'll be careful!"

Surprised he didnt' say "What the shit?"

What kind of weird? "weird" when it comes to fantasy/unrealism/video games (where anything is possible) or weird as in any videogame could be fundamentally weird in one way or another since most of them don't involve reality.

Weird is pretty subjective. On the one hand LSD is definitely trippy but by the same metric, there are things like Cho Aniki. Probably easier to list some off the top of my head:

-Yume Nikki
-Mr. Mosquito
-Eversion
-Earthbound
-Katamari Damacy
-Killer 7, or really anything by Suda 51
-The World Ends With You
-I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
-Ghost Trick
-Hatoful Boyfriend

Now, this is just a strange cross-section of games, but maybe it will help you point us in the right direction.

Yes I was vauge. But vauge on purpose because I wanted a bunch of different responses.

I think I got what I needed though, also WTF Wicked....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle