Weird login problem.

unctarheels

Rookie
Ok so for whatever reason (I think TNO activated this name or something) I could recently switch back to using this name after such a long time, but there is a problem:

I can only login from the home page. If I try to login from the forums (by say, clicking reply to a topic when i'm not logged in) it won't let me because it says I have selected an inactive or incorrect username. What is even weirder, is that if I login from the home page and click "remember me" then when I come to GR it says "welcome unctarheels" but when I try to reply to a topic it says that I have selected an incorrect or invalid username, so I have to go to the home page, log out, the log back in to be able to reply to a topic!

Any idea what is going on?

I haven't been able to log in the community on this guy since i got him. So basically, my problem is the opposite of yours.

The forums aren't integrated with the rest of the site well yet, so sometimes something like this can happen, I guess. I presume it's because I've changed your names here on the forum, but then with the rest of the site it still bugs up. Hopefully get this sorted out soon.

:D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
stop_ripoff_ap-s.jpg

after my forum name was changed to paradox, i still had to log in as prototype to access my avatar and stuff. but recently, it seems that has changed, as paradox gets me into everything now.

Login Issues

I think pretty much all login problems can be solved by logging out on the GR front page and logging back in there. The site will log you in on the forums on its own. If a problem still exists, delete your cookies and try again. There could definitely be better integration between the forums and the main site, so I'll put some time in this week and see if what I can do.

unctarheels - I was able to log in as you in the forums and on the main site. Keep in mind, your password on the forums is case-sensitive, so you need to type it in ALL CAPS (since that is how you originally typed it).

TheNesMan - You don't have an account on the main site for some reason. I don't know if someone changed your name on the forums, but right now there is no corresponding account on the main site (which explains why you can only log in on the forums).

Paradox - You finally got your name changed on both the forums and the real site, so it works now. But there should really be a no-changing-your-name policy in place because it is more of a hassel than it's worth. If you want to change your name, just create a new account. And since trust_no_one can now fix your post counts, I can't see a disincentive to doing this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo