Ubisoft's idea of downloadable titles

De-Ting

Rookie
What is the Extended Download Service (EDS)?
EDS essentially allows you to download your purchase again for up to two (2) years, in the event your computer crashes or the downloaded file becomes damaged or corrupt. It can be thought of as an insurance policy in case anything goes wrong with your computer or the downloaded product. When you have downloadable items in your order, you will see a link to add EDS to your order on the shopping cart page or the checkout page. Upon payment of the specified fee, Digital River, Inc. ("DR") agrees to provide you (the "End User") a service that enables the End User to make multiple downloads of digital computer software products (a "Product" or "Products") purchased in a single order (an "Order") and downloaded from this Web site (the "Site") for a period of two (2) years after the date the End User purchases the Product (the "Service"). Click here for full details about EDS.

To purchase EDS for download products in a completed order, you must look up your order and complete an additional purchase.

That's what I read when I redeemed my free Far Cry 3 coupon. Move over, Origin. Ubishop is coming to Craptown.

Oh cool, so now we're renting games for 2 years.

Fuck the current games industry. Seriously. People wonder why i fucking torrent.

Microsoft using their cameras to make sure there's not too many people watching you play, games no longer being owned by the purchaser, $10 online passes, always-online, install limits.

You know what? Fallout:NV was excellent. I propose 'Gaming' stopped in 2010.
We're now in the spunkgargleweewee generation. I propose that become the new term.

Keep in mind these guys are the creators of the "always on DRM" stuff. So this shit makes total sense.

And hey, last year we got Dark Souls and Deus Ex: HR. And this year we got, uh...

So, yeah. At least until last year.

Green_Lantern said:
madster111 said:
You know what? Fallout:NV was excellent. I propose 'Gaming' stopped in 2010.

I actually kind of agree with this.

If only they could have mixed I liked 3 but also acknowledge that NV did some things better. If only they had a way of mixing the two into a super awesome fallout.

Once obisidian make the next fallout game for the durango/PS4 and port it over to PC, i'll have no reason to continue gaming.
I'll play it and Civ4 until i give up hope for the human race somewhere between 2015-2025 and fill my car with thermite+ice before hitting a tree at 240km/h.
Explode into the afterlife with style.
Or, if no afterlife, at least i leave behind a big mess.

madster111 said:
Once obisidian make the next fallout game
Just like everything else you say, that's really not going to happen.

Honestly, Obsidian and Bethesda sort of hate each other due to the aftermath of New Vegas.

Longo_2_guns said:
Just like everything else you say, that's really not going to happen.

Honestly, Obsidian and Bethesda sort of hate each other due to the aftermath of New Vegas.

IF YOU BELIEVE ENOUGH, ANYTHING CAN COME TRUE.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle