Total Lunar Eclipse Tonight, Dec 20/21

Here are a few silly photos I took.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

What am I seeing in the 5th pic? Is the moon exploding?

Those look awesome btw. We got two feet of snow last night so visibility was zero.

Ugh, none of my shots of the moon in total eclipse came out. Got some cool ones of the shadow crawling across the full moon though.

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

wow, what camera did you guys use? The only thing I was able to capture was a blurry small white dot :( I've never seen the moon with the red glow before in person, so it was definitely eery. Nice pics, guys.

I've got a Canon Rebel xTi with a 300mm telescopic lens. It was still incredibly difficult, as I've only tried skyshooting a few times prior. Like I said, the moon in full penumbra was hard to shoot and all my pics of that came out blurry.

Also, I live in Alaska and it was -10°F that night, so screw standing outside for too long.

used44 said:
I've got a Canon Rebel xTi with a 300mm telescopic lens. It was still incredibly difficult, as I've only tried skyshooting a few times prior. Like I said, the moon in full penumbra was hard to shoot and all my pics of that came out blurry.

Also, I live in Alaska and it was -10°F that night, so screw standing outside for too long.

Geez, it was only around 50°F that night where I live in California and I thought that was cold. XD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle