Total Lunar Eclipse Tonight, Dec 20/21

Paradox

Soaring Phoenix
if anyone is intrested, there is an eclipse tomorrow night. it will start about 11:30 central and last up until about 5am. if youre only interested in seeing it in totality, take a look around 1:30am.

it will be best visible from north america, but you guys in europe can probably see some of it at moonset, and you aussies and new zealanders can check it out at moonrise. local times of course.

if anyone has awesome photography skills and plans to watch, please share with the rest of the class.

click below for more details of eclipse stages and eta's on when they will occur.
http://www.space.com/spacewatch/total-lunar-eclipse-12-stages-101219.html

The time matches up perfectly here as I will be on land during full coverage, and will be in flight when the eclipse starts to end. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some sweet pictures of it while in flight.

I don't have a window seat but hopefully I'll be sitting next to someone nice enough to allow me to observe the eclipse.

It's never a good idea to say "tomorrow' or "today" on GR, since threads can last weeks and even months.

The Lunar eclipse will occur December 21st beginning at roughly 1:30 am EST. Which is....tonight, lol.

The_Big_Cheese said:
Too bad it will probably be raining for me and logos

Same here, apparently. Forecasted rain till the 28th.

I guess I won't see the eclipse, unless I am lucky enough to see it by airplane.

Not sure I can see the moon from any of my windows. May have to go outside. Brrr

It is fairly clear right now in New York. bitter cold, but clear. So I am going to try for it, and if possible take some pics for you guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod