Top 10 Most Terrifying Game Enemies

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
http://www.cracked.com/article_16247_p1.html

A pretty nostalgic list, but an interesting article, regardless.

What are GR's most terrifying enemies of all time? Mine would be Pyramid Head, which I'm surprised wasn't on Cracked's list. Also, the clown from Dead Rising scares the shit out of me. Easy mini-boss, but... damn, I hate clowns.

EDIT: Lol, I wrote Terrify instead of Terrifying.

That was hilarious.

The only enemies that really scared me (and I know it's pretty cliched) were Nemesis and Alma from FEAR.

Some of those aren't as scary as they are frustrating.

Cracked is good... but some of their lists can be more hyperbolic than anything.

Boringman54 said:
I have to agree with those Wallmasters. They still scare the crap out of me, but only in OoT.

Same here, as well as Redeads. They still creep me out.

masterchris said:
I have to agree with the water in Sonic 2. The music that does play when he's about to drown does induce panic!
I have to fully agree with you. The music and the thought of drowning scared the crap out of me.

Shaft said:
i vote for the Abominable Snow Monster in SkiFree

A lot of people on the Cracked comments were mentioning this... I don't think I've ever heard of it. :S

used44 said:
Shaft said:
i vote for the Abominable Snow Monster in SkiFree

A lot of people on the Cracked comments were mentioning this... I don't think I've ever heard of it. :S

its a windows skiing game, used to come installed on some comps, sometiems... a snow monster would appear out of nowhere and eat you, and there was nothing you could do.

It was crazy.

1495eb00.gif

Ah! I remember that now! I definetly had that on an old PC.

That GIF jogged my memory.

MattAY said:
the lickers from resident evil...:(

Absolutely. RE2 had some of the sickest creatures I've seen in a videogame, especially lickers, Wiliam Birkin's mutations and that enormous alligator in the tunnels. The scariest part of the lickers was their ability to jump right at you and cut your head off with its nasty claws, so you had to think and act very quickly before it's "game over, man!"
The first licker introduction FMV, crawling up on the ceiling, mouth open and tongue out, was unexpectedly disgusting so I had to take a break after that - it was my first RE game and also the very first horror game experience.

I also despise snakes, so I wasn't the happiest panda in the world when I saw that giant snake in RE1, chasing Jill around and finally swallowing her limp body. Who knew games can be so violent?

Currently I'm playing "Mass Effect" and there's another snake-type "Tremors" monster coming out of the ground while exploring different planets. It has a very annoying scream too... :cry:

I played Out of this World so many times as a kid, it was just unique feeling I loved it despite its many insta-deaths. But honestly, the thing that creeped me out more in that game was the tentacle monster thing that would grab and devour you right away if you didn't swim out of the water fast enough.

And the Gif of the abominable snow monster reminded me of freaking out and trying to outski that crap, scary for a kid definetely.

A Baron of Hell from a version of Doom.
They will literally kick your ass, took a few rockets to take down.
And I get a sense of dread when facing a Red Dragon in FF III, a chill knowing that it can kill my entire party with ease.

STALKER, the first real lab you have to go into. Something banging away at a vault door, nearly knocking it off it's hinges, echoing throughout the level... then you open it.

And nothing is there. just dead silence.

Maybe it's not so much the enemies themselves, but the knee-high or waist-high monsters with knives at the beginning of Silent Hill when you have no weapon.

I think it was the event in general and the fact that you don't have a weapon freaked me out the most. But yea, that moment stuck with me lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod