This game came out in 1996.

axleblaze said:
^actually it originally game out for the Amiga
Then it came out for PC and Genesis
Then Snes
Then all CD systems of the time with added rendered cutscenes

Really? I had no idea, i knew about the original for the amiga, it's the one i played, but as far as console versions go, i only knew about the snes.
Now my classic gamer pride is hurt :cry:

I'm 21 (well, 22 in march) and I'd still say I grew up with the PSX. I don't know if that speaks to my continual immaturity (;)) or what but I'm not going to say that the best days of my gaming life were in the 8-bit era when I was a toddler. The PSX era was definitely still a part of my childhood.

PS. I didn't click the links the youngster posted, so if he referenced some 2001 PSX game, then... never mind.

used44 said:
I'm 21 (well, 22 in march) and I'd still say I grew up with the PSX. I don't know if that speaks to my continual immaturity (;)) or what but I'm not going to say that the best days of my gaming life were in the 8-bit era when I was a toddler. The PSX era was definitely still a part of my childhood.

PS. I didn't click the links the youngster posted, so if he referenced some 2001 PSX game, then... never mind.

Haha, the games were Crash 2, Twisted Metal, and Syphon Filter.

i still own twisted metal 1 to 4, even tough i've sold my PSX a bajillion years ago. Damn great games.

used44 said:
The CG video scenes in Final Fantasy 8 are gorgeous, and are still some of my favorites.

I love the crap out of that game and the CG videos. I even copied the video files off the disc so I could play them on my PC. The last CG was my favorite, the one that is shown through a camcorder.

I don't know why so many people hated that game, it is my second favorite game of all time. I even had the shitty PC version being run on a shitty computer that crashed every 15 minutes and was forced to run the game in quarter screen mode. FFVII was good but the story was too fragmented for me to really enjoy.

FrozenBacon said:
used44 said:
The CG video scenes in Final Fantasy 8 are gorgeous, and are still some of my favorites.

I love the crap out of that game and the CG videos. I even copied the video files off the disc so I could play them on my PC. The last CG was my favorite, the one that is shown through a camcorder.

I don't know why so many people hated that game, it is my second favorite game of all time. I even had the shitty PC version being run on a shitty computer that crashed every 15 minutes and was forced to run the game in quarter screen mode. FFVII was good but the story was too fragmented for me to really enjoy.

I didn't like it because of the change to the gameplay system. The 'draw' system was just completely stupid compared to the Materia system of FFVII. It had nothing to do with the story or production values, which are always extremely well done in FF games.

But then again, I think FFXII is the best one yet, so I'm probably in a minority here.

FrozenBacon said:
I don't know why so many people hated that game, it is my second favorite game of all time.
Only second? I'm sure if you played the actual PSX version it would be your first.

And I like draw, simply because I equipped 100 sleeps to my attack so my enemies automatically fall asleep when I hit them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod