This Community's View of MLG

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew502

Rookie
I was just wondering what the community at GR thinks of MLG (Major League Gaming) and its partners GameBattles, GotFrag, MMO-Champion, and MLG Canada.

I love MLG and I play Halo 3 competitively with friends and I love doing it. I feel that it makes the games so much more competitive and takes a lot more skill. MLG requires teamwork, communication, determination, perception, intelligence, and love of the game.

For those who are not familiar with MLG, here is a little information:
"Major League Gaming (MLG) is the largest organized league and international sanctioning body for the world's fastest growing competitive sport: professional video gaming. Recognized as the global governing authority for millions of competitive gamers worldwide, MLG's ongoing professional video gaming tournaments have attracted competitors from over 28 countries. Currently expanding worldwide through its international sanctioning body, millions of Major League Gaming fans communicate hourly and participate daily through mlgpro.com, the world's largest competitive video gaming destination. MLG operates its online, television production, game development and product licensing operations through MLG Properties and through MLG Management develops the careers of a roster of the world's most accomplished pro gamers. Headquartered in New York City, Major League Gaming is privately held."

Together, with it's partners it forms some of the most competitive gaming experiences in Console and PC gaming. The mainstream game for MLG is Halo 3, with others including Gears of War, World of Warcraft, and Rainbowsix Vegas 2. MLG Events have recently been held in Dallas, Meadowlands, Toronto, Orlando, and Las Vegas. Prizes for winning a Halo 3 event are as much as $20,000 per team, and winning the National Championships in Las Vegas, a team would get $100,000.

GameBattles:
"GameBattles is the largest online destination for competitive console and PC gaming. Featuring tournaments, ladders, forums and more for all the latest and hot titles, GameBattles is home to over 1,000,000 gamers worldwide, and over 800,000 teams looking to compete in their favorite Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation 3, PS2, PC, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and Sony PSP games. Recognized as an world leader in online gaming competition, GameBattles also hosts over 500,000 gamer profiles, heavily trafficked forums with over 11 million posts, video game news, reviews, previews and media with a focus on online multi-player games and community based content."
GameBattles is an MLG property.

GameBattles holds free and Pay-to-Play ladders that range from games like Halo 3, to Rock Band, to LittleBigPlanet.

I just wanted to know if you guys at GR are familiar with, compete in, or are new to MLG and it's affiliates.

It's a bit much, but a good way to decide who are the REALLY good players. I wouldn't enter a tournament (from fear of losing), but I can see why others do

I didn't bother to read all that text but do you advertise for this company or whatever it is... cause is sure seems that way.?
Considering the avatar and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod