the use of youtube videos in your reviews

used44 said:
Nick_Tan said:
Bluntly saying that we suck or have things that are pointless serves us little good.

I would hope that being aware that knowing that some readers find some of your features lacking or pointless would serve some purpose to you if you have any aspirations of tailoring your product to please the consumer.

Certainly. Writers are like singers - even the best have teachers. Some of the comments posted have definitely brought upon a heightened awareness of what links are most effective to the review and likewise for the reader. I also believe that criticism is sign that you, our readers, care. Indifference would have shown otherwise.

What I object to are brief posts that just say something is lacking, sucks, fails, or pointless. Now, granted this is the Internet, but these statements are as effective in making GR editors want to improve as the racist Youtube comments on my Guitar Hero video. Where eating MSG = fake guitar prowess.

This has nothing to do with the truthfulness of what you said, because admittedly, not every link in a GR review has been comedy gold. It's just that regardless of the truthfulness of the post, it serves us better if it was written in a tactful way that doesn't automatically make the recipient put up a defense. That way, we are much more open to what you have to say.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle