The TV Showdown - It's All Over!

Actually, I can't say it was before or after the hype since I don't pay attention to hype or the media really in terms of tv shows...In case it's about the Shield!

And for me, it isn't really the freshness of the Colber Report. I actually started off liking Jon Stewart more and eventually went the other way. I still love both however.

I should also note in regards to your "how do you know your view isn't skewed" comment...I don't! I understand it's all a matter of opinion and there is no right or wrong. Believe me, I'm 25. I'm pretty certain I learnt that a few years ago back when I was 18 or so and thought I was this open minded, enlightened soul. For arguement's sake though, I like to act as though my opinion is right. (Honestly though, with a lot of these shows it's an age thing. I can't expect a 15 year old or 16 year old to appreciate the original Transformers. It also goes back to interests. I can't expect a bunch of bleeding heart liberal video game nerds to love the Shield more so than Freaks and Geeks or Firefly. That isn't to say those shows are bad or they're wrong - Just...Different likes and dislikes. )

Bender - Futurama
--------------------
The Soup Nazi - Seinfeld
--------------------
Glen Quagmire - Family Guy
--------------------
Brian Griffin - Family Guy
--------------------
The Simpsons

Okay, that was a trick question. Carnage had already been knocked out. Bender will have to fight again today vs his real opponant. Shaggy.

Match 03 is over!

The Soup Nazi (Seinfeld) defeats Tobias Fí¼nke (Arrested Development) 7 - 4
Glen Quagmire (Family Guy) defeats Michael Scott (The Office US) 6 - 3
Brian Griffin (Family Guy) defeats Mr. Spock (Star Trek 1966) 8 - 3

The Simpsons defeats The Daily Show 7 - 5

Match 04

Best TV Character

Bender - Futurama
1C4M04C01.gif

vs

Shaggy - Scooby Doo
1C4M04C02.jpg

--------------------

Jon Stewart - The Daily Show
1C4M04C03.jpg

vs

Homer Simpson - The Simpsons
1C4M04C04.jpg

--------------------

George Costanza - Seinfeld
1C4M04C05.jpg

vs

Donatello - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)
1C4M04C06.jpg

--------------------

Michael Bluth - Arrested Development
1C4M04C07.jpg

vs

Jerry Seinfeld - Seinfeld
1C4M04C08.jpg

--------------------

Pam Beesly - The Office (US)
1C4M04C09.jpg

vs

Dr. Gregory House - House
1C4M04C10.jpg

--------------------

Best TV Show

Firefly
1C4M04S01.jpg

vs

Arrested Development
1C4M04S02.jpg

--------------------

My Votes:

Bender
Jon
Donatello
Michael Bluth
Pam Beesly

Firefly (too damn tough)

The matchups are random but I do decide what order I'll put them out. I've been saving this final matchup between Firefly and Arrested Development till the end because I honestly can't decide. Both are favourites of mine. In the end I leaned towards Firefly since I've met and seen several of it's castmembers. But good luck to both shows.

It's a shame Michael Bluth had to go up against such a big player, I think he really held Arrested Development together really well. I don't think I've ever seen a person who's playing the "straight man" be so funny.

Bender - Futurama
Homer Simpson - The Simpsons
George Costanza - Seinfeld
Jerry Seinfeld - Seinfeld
Dr. Gregory House - House

Arrested Development

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member