Stephen Colbert - The Colbert Report
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon - The Simpsons
Cosmo Kramer - Seinfeld

Dexter

Peter
Colbert
Kirk
Stewie

Dexter. I loved TMNT but Dexter is just a better made show.

Oh and how the hell can Prime lose to Zapp? Either you all are too young to remember the original Transformers cartoon or you just have really bad taste.

Jack Bauer - 24
--------------------
Conan O'Brien - Late Night with Conan O'Brien
--------------------
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon - The Simpsons
--------------------
Cosmo Kramer - Seinfeld
--------------------
Dexter

Match 02 is over!

Peter Griffin (Family Guy) defeats Jack Bauer (24) 7 - 5
Stephen Colbert (The Cobert Report) defeats Conan O'Brien (Late Night with Conan O'Brien) 7 - 6
James Kirk (Star Trek 1966) defeats Apu Nahasapeemapetilon (The Simpsons) 7 - 6
Cosmo Kramer (Seinfeld) defeats Stewie Griffin (Family Guy) 8 - 5

Dexter defeats Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) 11 - 1

Poor Jack. It's amazing to see a show like TMNT that has dominated so many other great shows be dominated itself by a show who's title character didn't make it past the first round. Do we have some recent fans here? Thrilling stuff.

Match 03

Best TV Character

Bender - Futurama
1C4M03C01.gif

vs

Carnage - Spider-Man (1994 Animated)
1C4M03C02.jpg

--------------------

The Soup Nazi - Seinfeld
1C4M03C03.jpg

vs

Tobias Fí¼nke - Arrested Development
1C4M03C04.jpg

--------------------

Michael Scott - The Office (US)
1C4M03C05.jpg

vs

Glen Quagmire - Family Guy
1C4M03C06.jpg

--------------------

Brian Griffin - Family Guy
1C4M03C07.jpg

vs

Mr Spock - Star Trek (1966)
1C4M03C08.jpg

--------------------

Best TV Show

The Daily Show
1C4M03S01.jpg

vs

The Simpsons
1C4M03S02.jpg

--------------------

My Votes:

Bender
Tobias
Michael Scott
Spock

The Daily Show

The Daily Show

If the Daily Show beats the Simpsons but the Colbert Report didn't, I will now know I am right in saying there is a seriously skewed perception of good t.v here.

Lethean said:
The Daily Show

If the Daily Show beats the Simpsons but the Colbert Report didn't, I will now know I am right in saying there is a seriously skewed perception of good t.v here.

True, and the animation domination ways heavily with a lot of people here. I really don't understand the Optimus Prime loss to Zapp either. Zapp's knocked out some really good characters on his way through but I didn't think he'ld knock out a classic childhood hero for many of us.

Bender
Soup Nazi
Spock

Daily Show

On a side note, I see I was too late to save the turtles, someone killed my internet connection. I will murder the responsible person (and probably many innocent ones as well).

Lethean said:
And what assures you that your perception isn't skewed or that you're not just adrift in the current of the more recent Colbert hype?

The Daily Show has been on for many years. The Colbert Report is, what, 3-4 years old now? I think it's just normally seen as fresher, and this is how it overshadows it's creator/father-figure the Daily Show. It's similar to how Family Guy is a lot more popular (especially among youngsters) than The Simpsons these days.
But even though Jon Stewart's show is older, I still think his brand of comedy is much better. It's also a lot more insightful about issues and politics than the Colbert Report. Much deeper satire, I say.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133