So, Speaking of disappointing sequels...*

I imagine it will be. Most of the success from the first was because of the plot.

Undead-Exposure said:
Hopefully, if the core focus of the game has switched to multiplayer I definitely will not be playing it.

Hasn't as I've heard. :) Singleplayer is THEE strong point of Bioshock. I doubt they'd want to make a multiplayer that would try to compare with MW. :p

I may as well use this topic...

SO WHO HAS BIOSHOCK 2?!

I completed it today. Story is nowhere near as good as the first. But gameplay is still as captivating, I couldnt put it down...just like the first! And being a big daddy puts nice little quirks on the gameplay of the first. EG Adopting little sisters, being able to go underwater, big sisters etc. Very very good game. What do you guys think?

I'm with Mattay on this one love it but still not as good as the first but it does mention jack a little bit if you pay attention to detail and being able to be a big daddy is pretty cool and little sister things are different but a good twist to the whole little sister thing.

Multiplayer is ok after i played the story my first time played a little mulitplayer and now going through my second playthrough on the story

The Second Opinion thingy on IGN has ushered quite ... disappointing thoughts.

Who would have guessed that this game has let down so many? Was it really so hard to live up to its predecessor?

Yeah, I think the twist in the first is hard to live up to! Plus at the beginning, you think of the possibilities the story could develop into...but none of them actually occur! The plot is just a bit...flat - I guess is the word for it.

Plus at the end SPOILER -

There isnt a big boss! Just a load of enemies to fight ie - a "final assault".

Kijan said:
The Second Opinion thingy on IGN has ushered quite ... disappointing thoughts.

Who would have guessed that this game has let down so many? Was it really so hard to live up to its predecessor?

Ahem.....

Anyway....I just....don't feel it. It's weird too because the game is solid, but....lifeless comes to mind.

played it, and well, this game feels more like a expansion pack to me, not a full blown sequel. it's stilll fun, but not has good has the first one.

^Considering the first one was terrible, that's saying something.

I like how they didn't actually improve anything. Now you can use plasmids and weapons together, but that's it.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
played it, and well, this game feels more like a expansion pack to me, not a full blown sequel. it's stilll fun, but not has good has the first one.

You were probably one of the people who thought Left 4 Dead 2 should have been an expansion pack as well...Which is stupid, for both games.

I haven't played Bioshock 2 enough to really have much to say about it...Although it seems as if they at least made the atmosphere of Rapture feel pretty much the same.

The first game was great atmosphere and story-wise. The gameplay was fun. The ending was quite disappointing.

I may play Bioshock2 if I ever stumble upon a cheap used copy.

I gotta say, Im aggravated.
When you look at sequels, this stands near the top of the list in my opinion. I hate to see it trashed. It was a full game, had a decent story, I like the multiplayer, and I just think its a good game!
If you wanna play, add my on XBL- Spencercf614

-edit- Look at Halo 2. It wouldnt be remembered at ALL if it didnt have multiplayer. This game will be remembered for story. So I dont wanna hear complaining any more :p

How do you fix up a dilapidated dump like Rapture? Easy, you don't. You let decay and fester some more.

All I can say is, few sequels ever live up to the original (I'm looking at you, baby bro).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod