So, Speaking of disappointing sequels...*

It appears the makers of Bioshock 2 have just successfully created Halo: Rapture. Has anyone been following this religiously? Could those said people state their opinions in contrast to the first game?

Any Opinions?
Questions?
Hate messages?

I'm really trying to have an open mind about the game.. it just... it just hurts so much.

WHAT DO YOU THINK, AMERICA/UK?!

*This is judging solely on the previews, so that statement is pretty biased

Halo: Rapture? I don't see very many similarities.... I'd wait until the game comes out, play it, and then judge it. I don't think 2K will disappoint.

you hated the first bioshock? why? i mean it's fun to playthrough the first time, but 2nd playthrough not so much, and sure, it's nothing more than a fetch quest, but still, it was fun.

I'm getting it on the release. The first one, I just couldn't put down. I skipped 3 lectures in a row just so I could keep playing it!

I'm so excited, I could explo-.....oooooh too late...

MattAY said:
I'm getting it on the release. The first one, I just couldn't put down. I skipped 3 lectures in a row just so I could keep playing it!
I put it down after a matter of days, and haven't picked it back up in about three months.

MattAY said:
I'm so excited, I could explo-.....oooooh too late...
They make a pill for that. It's called 'antidiarrheal.' :p

I loved Bioshock, it had some cool stuff and it's not your standard FPS. I look forward to beating the crap out of number two (and finding out who he works for) and will be more likely to check this Halo out, although I won't be purchasing.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I loved Bioshock, it had some cool stuff and it's not your standard FPS. I look forward to beating the crap out of number two (and finding out who he works for) and will be more likely to check this Halo out, although I won't be purchasing.

I liked the twist in the story the most ... hope they'll pull something similar of in this game too. :)

And sometimes I wish ... that I'd be able to walk in Rapture in its golden ages. Should have been a beautiful place. :D

Im actually looking forward to walking on the sea floor! That'll be awesome. If they make that as integrating as the world of Rapture, I'm just gonna be wondering around the sea enjoying the views haha!

Biosh**! What a disappointment, especially when the expectations were so high after "System Shock 2". It was like "Deus Ex 2" all over again... Such a crappy overrated shooter.

I think the OP was referring to Bioshock 2 being somewhat like Halo, which it is not.

The only game in development is by Bungie and it is called Halo: Reach.

Halo 3 gave us an excellent co-op campaign and multi-player.

Bioshock 2 multi-player should not be judged until one plays a copy of it after February 9th.

I am more interested in the single player aspect of it and I think it will be a killer game
just like the first game.

Heading back to Mass Effect. The galaxy is not yet safe!

Caped Crusader, it wasnt that at all... Yeah, it wasnt like System Shock 2, but it wasnt supposed to be. This is an entirely different story in an entirely different story.

Astrowabbit, we know everything you just said. Sarcasm is used highly in these forums.

My opinion is that since youre now a big daddy right of the bat, of course theres going to be more action and a new bigger baddy/daddy/sister. Its going to be a great game with an deep story. Im pumped.

I'm willing to give it a chance. I think being a Big Daddy tones down the overall scare factor from the original game (which is a minus for me)

I also enjoy the cyberpunk setting in System Shock compared to Bioshock's steampunk....and SHODAN is just awesome

I just don't like the fact that a game such as Bioshock now has multiplayer. That's my biggest gripe, like the single player campaign better be rad, or I will be so pissed!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle