So...Borken news again?

Lethean

Rookie
I noticed some of the news article's aren't quite showing up as they should be still. I just thought I'd point it out in case you thought all was well with it.

It's working fine for me in Firefox, but in IE it's showing this:

"Sony announces DVD upscaling for PS3
Posted on Friday, March 2 @ 16:40:17 Eastern

By Eugene Huang

In part 4 of Newsweek's massive 4-part interview with Sony's Phil Harrison, interviewer N'Gai Croal effortlessly gets a scoop indicating a plan to bring DVD upscaling to the PlayStation 3. All Croal had to do was ask Harrison what needs to change in regards to the flow of information within Sony Computer Entertainment:

"There is a cultural thing about our approach in Japan that has to change," Harrison stated. "Our approach in Japan is 'Once it's perfect, we'll share it with everybody else.' Whereas I think in order to engender trust in our users, we have to share some things that might be not quite perfect, but are ready to give you an indication of what's coming. So we could say, 'You know, we're not sure when it's coming, but we're going to have DVD upscaling on Playstation 3.' There you go. There's a scoop for you."

Obviously, as Harrison pointed out, no timetable exists yet for the software upgrade that would contain this feature. But he also implied that other goodies might be in store for PS3 users with the suggestion that PlayStation head of platform development Izumi Kawanishi should write his own blog containing Sony's latest developments. Harrison jokes that it would soon become the "biggest blog in the world"."

IE doesn't convert the ' to ' like every other browser does. I think it's fixed now for any newly added articles though. I'll check on it tomorrow.

malakian said:
I'm amazed you used IE to browse GR after reading it in FF! That's like trading a Lotus for a Robin Reliant

Haha.

Well, I was using IE prior to installing FF, then when it worked on FF, I just wanted to check and see if it was just IE that was having the issue.

And then FF wouldní¨t open, so I had to reinstall, and now when I go to reinstall, it woní¨t :(.

I blame Vista.

And wtf...Why do apostrophes, quotation marks and question marks show up as that funky í¨ which Im too dumb to know the name of!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle