Original Resident Evil 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_hMbJQ ... 20Original

Okay, here's a great video of RE 4 before transforming into mindless 3rd person shooter. Notice the Silent Hill-style camera angles, slower pace and much more scarier atmosphere with ghosts turning into zombies, little baby dolls etc. THIS is the real survival-horror. RE4, as we know it now, is a pure action game where horror element is absolutely non-existent. Period.

Capcom has sold out, sacrificing deeper gameplay mechanics and good storyline for a lame, straighforward shooter just to win over more people from the 1st person shooter gaming audience. You don't fool me with your fancy boss battles and smooth graphics when the game itself is a shallow and depthless mess. Yes, I may be cruel but honestly, just look at this video - which verision would you really prefer?

Let's establish something. For people not playing resident evil, any RE title will freak you out at least once. For anyone playing RE more than the first time will be desensitized.

The old RE formula wasn't cutting it. It was bland, unninovative, and change was needed. RE4 gave you more control, more action, and more of the shocking we expect. I've seen people play RE4 for the first time and their first reaction is 'wtf'.

The gameplay mechanics may have changed, but so has the RE genre. Silent hill was always scarier. RE always focused more on the survival than the horror. Yeah, RE and Silent Hill are f'ed as sh!t, and the atmosphere is different in each. But fundementally, RE did something different from the beginning, and now, it's evolved, finally into a direction where it gives the franscise more meaning and youth, more promise. If it had been a graphically reved up verison of any other RE title and we end up with another outbreak, semi-successful, but boring with nothing new.

I've seen people complain that RE4 sucked cause it didn't have zombies. Well bad news for you, RE was never about the zombies, and was never about scaring you in the way silent hill was. RE was the real-life scary. The corporate controlling everything scary. The fact that the RE universe only has one difference from our universe: Umbrella, Inc.

RE4 was amazing, zombies or no zombies. Just because they changed the game from the rest of the REs doesn't mean they "sold out".

Caped_Crusader said:
Capcom has sold out, sacrificing deeper gameplay mechanics and good storyline for a lame, straighforward shooter just to win over more people from the 1st person shooter gaming audience. You don't fool me with your fancy boss battles and smooth graphics when the game itself is a shallow and depthless mess. Yes, I may be cruel but honestly, just look at this video - which verision would you really prefer?
:evil:

They did not sacrifice anything.They needed more money and more players was the answer.So they changed it. Its still scary and it was not shallow nor depthless and as for the story its good they chose a new one instead of using the same one over and over again. Its like playing RE1 4 times.

First of all the none of the resident evil games were scary to begin with unless you are a 10 yr old but the Resident Evil franchise sux, ive played all of them and have never bout or bothered beating any of the games....personally CAPCOM hasnt had anything good since Street Fighter...ooops sorry i mean they just came out with a good game DEAD RISING but im sure that they are going to ruin it by pumping out another 4 games of it

BTW, the original plan for RE4 was connected to RE Gaiden story line. Gaiden was fucking terrible and anybody who honestly believes a game officially connected to that garbage pile of a story line is worth playing needs a wet slap.

Anything is better than RE4 "storyline" - rescue President 's daughter. How lame is that?
Adding Leon and Ada is just a cheap way to get attention from the old fans. The whole game feels just plain wrong.

Says a noob.

Hey, you know what is lame? Escape an overly complicated building from zombies, for the fourth time! YES!

I think not.

Caped_Crusader said:
Anything is better than RE4 "storyline" - rescue President 's daughter. How lame is that?

Since when have any of the stories in RE been terrific? The opening FMV from the original RE game is the corniest, crappiest, most laughable cut scene in any horror game.

Dark_Legacy said:
Says a noob.

Hey, you know what is lame? Escape an overly complicated building from zombies, for the fourth time! YES!

I think not.

I take it you haven't played RE4.

RE4 is an awesome game. It's also a massive departure form the typical RE tradition but it's still a fantastic game I dunno what type of person does not enjoy that game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod