Not your typical hero.

pres50

Rookie
I have been thinking of some new scenarios for a story and protagonist in a videogame. Humans are too often the main character in a game..how about an animal like in Okami. Aliens invade the planet and a gopher looking for wood happened to saved the universe? See where I'm going? Developers should change it up a bit.

De-Ting said:
There's that new game where you're a mother badger.
Shelter. And though it's very short, it's an awesome games. Lots of feels!

And what about tokyo jungle?

Donkey Kong
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Ty
Ratchet
Amaterasu
Sonic
DuckTales
Banjo-Kazooie
Starfox
Conker
Ecco the Dolphin
Gex the Gecko
Earthworm Jim
Croc
Worms
Frogger

...but APART FROM THEM, yeah, developers need to mix it up a bit. Don't think they have a Gopher yet - give it a go ;)

It doesn't surprise me that a market that caters 100% to a human audience has a lot of human protagonists.

Longo_2_guns said:
It doesn't surprise me that a market that caters 100% to a human audience has a lot of human protagonists.
Can't tell if he's serious or if he's mocking the industry...

tumblr_map36xRxph1rbk089o2_250.gif

The only game where I remember truly playing as an animal was Okami. You actually moved like a dog, because..well you were a dog. Crash bandicoot etc. are very human like.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has Link running around as a wolf.

Although technically he's still human (Hylian) on the inside and stuff. Right? Yeah.

This

pres50 said:
I have been thinking of some new scenarios for a story and protagonist in a videogame. Humans are too often the main character in a game..how about an animal like in Okami. Aliens invade the planet and a gopher looking for wood happened to saved the universe? See where I'm going? Developers should change it up a bit.

sounds like this

MattAY said:
Donkey Kong
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Ty
Ratchet
Amaterasu
Sonic
DuckTales
Banjo-Kazooie
Starfox
Conker
Ecco the Dolphin
Gex the Gecko
Earthworm Jim
Croc
Worms
Frogger

Switching it up would need to be a game where you play as a malevolent force trying to impose some form of evil on the entire universe out of spite and the game should have no direction other than "This is you.. this is the universe you exist in.. have fun"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133