no apple / iPad section?

Hey that's a pretty good suggestion. I'm working on a feature for iOS games right now so maybe I'll push a Mobile forum live when it's published.

Can we have a flash forum and a Sega forum and a Penis forum too? Because I play with those more and get more enjoyment from those than I do with "Mobile games."

god-like-pwnage said:
i just wanna know where ppl here are discussing the ipad2

Nobody here is discussing the iPad 2 because the iPad 2 is unnecessary. The iPad is pretty cool I guess but we really don't need a new one so bloody soon.

danielrbischoff said:
So change is bad? That's what I'm hearing.

How about Flash/Mobile?
It's not that change in general is bad. It's just that the change you're proposing is.

If someone REALLY wanted to talk about a flash/mobile game they could put it in general. But that has never happened ever. So I have a feeling a flash/mobile section would be, you know, more barren than... something... barren. I'm too tired to be witty, but they point is there.

Yeah but RPG related stuff could go in general as well. But because there is an RPG section people use it. Perhaps if there were a section for mobile gaming/technology, there would be some discussions on it.

WickedLiquid said:
Yeah but RPG related stuff could go in general as well. But because there is an RPG section people use it. Perhaps if there were a section for mobile gaming/technology, there would be some discussions on it.
this. Like how if ONE person posts in the flash game thread in general a bunch more people post in it too.

While that's a good point, it would be better received if the example used wasn't RPG, which still has threads from 2009 on the front page and the majority of its threads are forum games.

If it's a place to dump everything in and not just Apple products, but even then, I think I've seen maybe 4-5 topics of this type arise. Still it's not like it's going to hurt anyone to add it and let it prove it's worth, or lack thereof.

Bretimus_v2 said:
If it's a place to dump everything in and not just Apple products, but even then, I think I've seen maybe 4-5 topics of this type arise. Still it's not like it's going to hurt anyone to add it and let it prove it's worth, or lack thereof.
Well, either way I have to finish this iOS feature first so maybe when that goes live. How many people have iPhones or Android phones here?

WickedLiquid said:
god-like-pwnage said:
i just wanna know where ppl here are discussing the ipad2

Nobody here is discussing the iPad 2 because the iPad 2 is unnecessary. The iPad is pretty cool I guess but we really don't need a new one so bloody soon.

Writing this on my android phone and I'll be getting an iPad in June for my bday. I don't know if it needs an entire forum for itself but I wouldn't mind hearing what games and apps people are using or interested in.

I have an iPhone 4. Unless Apple develops a gaming console I don't think GR needs a section for Apple. And don't laugh at the idea of an Apple gaming console. Nobody in the 90's would've guessed Microsoft would get into this territory.

Even if it was for mobile gaming, we have Sony for PSP stuff, Nintendo for 3DS, and General for everything else mobile related. It's not like these forum sections are extremely busy.

Meh, just my two cents.

I agree 100% with Wes. And I have had an iPhone for years, 99% of the time I'm browsing GR I do it from my iPhone. I just don't think we need such a niche forum. If anything, we need to axe a few of the current forums.

I have my old, formerly broken iPhone 3GS (for developing) and my current phone, an iPhone 4, because while my 3GS was broken, Apple gave me an upgrade for like fifty bucks and didn't bother to take the dead phone. Funny how two weeks later I plugged it in and it powered up just like normal. So yeah, I've got plenty in the ways of apple shit, though i may not be too happy supporting the company, they've got damn good phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle