New sci-fi game needs you!

My name is Anti A. Danilevski and I'm making video games. Glad to meet you all!

We're making a - 3D space adventure, quest and ARPG, in hard sci-fi genre, with real-time combat and click-n-go controls. It's a mix of the spirits of such games as Star Control, Elite, and Space Rangers; this is simple gameplay comparable to Dark Orbit, with excellent, up-to-date three-dimensional graphics somehow comparable to Eve Online.

When I'm saying 'good graphics', I actually means that:
screen_04a.jpg

The action of the game takes place in a universe resembling our real world as much as possible: stars are located just where they actually are. We had to spend several months developing actual astronomical data and building a universe based on them. After playing it, you will know once and for all where the sun is located in our corner of the universe, which stars are closest to us, what their spectral classes are, planets... and much more.

Here how our starmap looks like:
starmap_01.jpg

Beside that, we have a deep scenario and world design (it's almost USP nowadays). We built our scenario based on current research. It's somewhat a prediction of the possible future - we are developing an educative game.

And there is a screenshot from the game:
scr2.jpg

Why I'm here, just registered and already posting this? There are two reasons:

First, I'm gathering feedback and opinions. This really helps me to make a better game and realize if something is wrong. Thanks to some people I've already made few corrections. I've just joined, but that doesn't mean I'll throw my post and disappear.

Second, we are now on Kickstarter, and this is where I need your backing, if you want to play a game like this.

UPD: Thanks for good wishes, there is the link to our campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dod ... space-arpg
We have a new video, too, where you can learn more about the game and gameplay.

Best wishes,
- Anti

Hmm... interesting. So if it's an Elite-type game, what's the economy like? For example, does it has static supply and demand where one system will always need X from Y system or is it dynamic? Do you get to control multiple ships or only one? What kind of ships are there for you to control?

cyberjim2000 said:
Hmm... interesting. So if it's an Elite-type game, what's the economy like? For example, does it has static supply and demand where one system will always need X from Y system or is it dynamic? Do you get to control multiple ships or only one? What kind of ships are there for you to control?

Yes, economy reacts to the situation in the universe. Somewhere will be a deficit of resource, somewhere - proficit, and this all will cause prcies to change.

No, you can control only one ship - yours, but sometimes you can have allies. Beside that, there are ally-satellites that may be with you and doing something good. We have them in our reward tiers - one is just fighting, second - fighting and repairing sometimes, third - fighting and repairing twice as effective.

Keep in mind that it's 3rd person view - our goal is to make easy to play, but with complicated gameplay game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod