Misunderstood Consoles

omg u actually joined well if u talk to me dont call me by my real name and this is an open coversation its just a general question i dont want a specific answer for me to decide something i want other ppl's opinions

NEC's TurboGrafx-16 gets my vote here, with Sega's Dreamcast getting an honorable mention.

Although a new generation of gamers is getting to sample some of the goodness that the TurboGrafx had to offer, thanks to the Wii's Virtual Console, the system was largely ignored when it was actively selling because Nintendo had such a stranglehold on the third-party publishing world and because the NES was simply a juggernaut at the time. There were some great, great games on the TG-16... The Legendary Axe, Bloody Wolf, the Crush series (Alien Crush and Devil's Crush), Splatterhouse, Dungeon Explorer, Military Madness... and several more on CD.

As far as the Dreamcast goes, if it hadn't have been for the burned bridges that Sega was never able to mend after the perceived failures of the Sega CD, 32X and Saturn, things might have been a bit different. The DC had an impressive games library and the visuals were definitely a step up over the PSX generation. The sports games were groundbreaking, the arcade conversions were spot-on, the action games looked as good as they played, and what few RPGs there were impressed many.

did u copy that off something cuz it looks like u did becuz the games are in bolded lettering and its in perfect grammar. also how cud u forget the bonk games (Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge) that was their mascot and the games are very fun

Boringman54 said:
did u copy that off something cuz it looks like u did becuz the games are in bolded lettering and its in perfect grammar. also how cud u forget the bonk games (Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge) that was their mascot and the games are very fun

Nope. No copying. It's original content. :)

Yes, I did leave out the Bonk series and shouldn't have. Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge were fantastic platformers, although Bonk's Adventure was a bit on the short side. Indeed, Bonk was to NEC was Mario is to Nintendo and what Sonic was to Sega. Unfortunately, Bonk never became as identifiable to the general gaming populace.

Boringman54 said:
u r so copying theres no way u can bold letters?

Never heard of tags, huh? You can boldface text by adding tags.

There are also options to boldface, italicize, and underline above where you type in the body of your post.

Shenmue's production cost was around $70,000,000. Too big of a risk and sega suffered from it. It was a brilliant game I loved it except for the forklift races everyday before you start your shift at the docks. But it was one of the defining factors for killing it.

Not maybe......definitely :wink:

To this date the most expensive game ever made and ended up not being the cash cow sega hoped for.......we can safely add it to the list of suspects.

Whatever huh? Well just research it or if you're still sour pretend that this was all a dream.

Whew the internet these days :?

IvanElk said:
virtual boy hands down some one above me said it too i think no one knew about it and it caused a great nintendo worker to quit COME ON IT WAS THE FIRST 3D CONSOLE GIVE HIM A BREAK

I was being completely sarcastic, virtua boy was a gimmick and waste of money

*edit for spelling

Philips CD-I player was highly underrated I felt, it had such awsome games, sure you could get some of them on the computer, but it was great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod