Man forget super hero movies...

Summer is a time for popcorn flicks and action packed goodness. But the fall and early winter is when all the drama and potential academy award winning movies come out. Being a huge film geek, I love both seasons!

I saw the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, it's damn good! Fincher adapting it for the US should be interesting.

I'm not sure about The Artist, it's a silent movie? Meh, that looks cool in theory but I don't know about a whole 90 min-2 hrs. Coriolanus looks interesting, so does Warrior and Dangerous Method. Besides Dragon, 50/50 was the only other movie I recognized from your list, I really want to see that one most of all!

After 500 Days of Summer I have a total man crush on Joseph-Gordon Levitt. But it's totally a hetero thing!

Are any of those immature comedies? I'm in the mood for a proper laugh.
Tell you who is making me laugh quite a lot in recent films...

This guy
clark-duke.jpg

Hot Tub Time Machine, Kick-Ass, and a film called Sex Drive which is probably less known. Funny as hell in all 3. He's surely due his own comedy soon.

^
Sorry I don't understand British humour.

:p Nah, I agree he's indeed awesome. He was the best in Hot Tub.

"In second life you have to pay for your mistakes." haahaha

The Artist: Great music. If it’s half as good as the trailer then it should be a good movie.

Coriolanus: A modern retelling of a Shakespeare classic is always an iffy thing to do, but if done well it can be fantastic. Trailer looks great.

50/50: Looks like it might be funny.

Warrior: If it isn’t based on a true story, then it’s too much of a Hollywood tale for me.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: :shock: :?

A Dangerous Method: Looks like a damn interesting movie.

used44 said:
Another Earth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8hEwMMD ... ata_player

This is apparently already playing in limited release, but I can't wait for it to pop up on my VuDu.

looks ridiculously bad, but at the same time, ridiculously intriguing. i've been interested in that one for a while too.

heres what i wanna see coming out..

50/50
Drive
Contagion (I know it's just another virus movie, but i think it might be good)
Was really looking forward to Apollo 18 but it looks like thats a massive flop
I want to see Straw Dogs just because I love a horror movie where the GOOD GUYS create the horror
Win Win, Love Paul Giamatti
Machine Gun Preacher
The Thing has me curious
The Rum Diary
Immortals
The Adventures of Tintin
Brave

In Time has a very interesting plot, and will be excited to see how it does
Warrior, even though it'll be a make you sick to your stomach over the top success story, like every fighting movie is

You can't say Another Earty looks ridiculously bad and then say you want to see Contagion. :p. But I agree that "intriguing" is the best word to describe it. Not sure that it will be a great movie, but it makes me want to see it. Kind of reminds me of Never Let Me Go, which also was a drama with a sci-fi backdrop and was well acted and interesting, but not a great flick overall.

Warrior looks super dumb too. The part in the trailer where you hear Joe Rogan (or someone trying to sound like him) shout, "The two men fighting for the VHS io ship tonight are... BROTHERS!?!" makes me go ugh.

Drive looks great.

used44 said:
You can't say Another Earty looks ridiculously bad and then say you want to see Contagion. :p. But I agree that "intriguing" is the best word to describe it. Not sure that it will be a great movie, but it makes me want to see it. Kind of reminds me of Never Let Me Go, which also was a drama with a sci-fi backdrop and was well acted and interesting, but not a great flick overall.

Warrior looks super dumb too. The part in the trailer where you hear Joe Rogan (or someone trying to sound like him) shout, "The two men fighting for the VHS io ship tonight are... BROTHERS!?!" makes me go ugh.

Drive looks great.

A lot of the movies I listed I'm aware will probably be terrible, probably the good majority. But I'm interested in seeing them all. Some I know will be cheesy but hope at least they will entertain me.

I don't know why people think contagion looks so bad though. I mean sure the idea has been done to death, but its never been done very well imo. Perhaps I guess that's why. Just another awful virus movie. Someones gotta do it right eventually though, I hope.

intoTheRain said:
I don't know why people think contagion looks so bad though. I mean sure the idea has been done to death, but its never been done very well imo. Perhaps I guess that's why. Just another awful virus movie. Someones gotta do it right eventually though, I hope.

Not a movie but have you read Stephen's King The Stand? That's probably one of the nest virus stories I've read followed by one of the best Good VS Evil stories.

I think Contagen looks good. Those shots in the trailer of the bags of garbage in the street and the deserted airport? Shit's chilling.

If I get a chance to see Another Earth or The Debt, I'm doing that ASAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod