Is twitter really all that great?

WickedLiquid

Regular
I thought twitter was just for tween girls who claimed facebook was soooo 2008. But I see it everywhere now. Anyone with a twitter account care to tell me how it's better than facebook?

TWITTER SUX! Twitter is just for people who don't use twitter to make ignorant and broad statements about the demographic thereof! That's all it's for!

I don't tweet...as the kids say...but i do have a twitter account because there are a few people whose tweets I enjoy reading. ex: Conan OBrien

tweeting is for those that feel they always have to let the world know what they are doing because for some reason they delude themselves into thinking people care about them.

I'm not reading other posts in this topic because GR users are typically not the best critics of "popular things".

Here is the answer- Twitter is nothing like Facebook. Twitter is like a mass Text Message to all of your friends. If you have friends to follow and who follow you that actively use the service, Twitter is a whole lot of fun and a great way to communicate.

If you don't have any friends or don't follow anybody or have anybody follow you, then you have no clue how beneficial Twitter can be.

That being said, you fuckers can follow me @mlvassallo

I feel bad for those people who have to actually work on their popularity. Not really.

But it all sorta feels like big brother's leash to me.

There should be a site for short soundbytes from people who dont have a use for it so actively dislike twitter. Called Twatter.

I use facebook a lot, but I like to make my status updates things that people actually care about and not just "...gettin' hyped for a Friday night DAWG!"

Or those stupid vague status updates that are all about craving people's attention.

Such as "OMG I can't believe that happened!" You can obviously just say what happened in your status, but you didn't because you want people to wonder and comment "OMG what happened???" And if it's too private to say what happened then why write anything at all?

I never thought of twitter as something good. You know those people who are on facebook ALL the damn time. Who update their statuses every hour or so with stupid shit like, "OH MAI GOD! I just made beans on toast and ate it in less than 3 minutes!"? Who just give a walkthrough of their life when you dont really care...yeah, they really annoy me. Imagine how I feel about Twitter when you're SUPPOSED to update it that much...geez.

In terms of following a band or actor or similar, I'd be OK with it I guess.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
tweeting is for those that feel they always have to let the world know what they are doing because for some reason they delude themselves into thinking people care about them.

What he said :p

StalfrosCC said:
Here is the answer- Twitter is nothing like Facebook.

This is the truth. I use facebook quite frequently, yet I have no desire to start using twitter, or following people on twitter for that matter.

I use it, but sparingly...if you want to use it then use it, but otherwise no point really. I just do it when I feel like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod